Afternoon all!!

GazzaA3

Reaction score
Good afternoon all! Newbie to this forum!
I've not long got a Audi A3 witch was a cat c so is a project for me!
drilled out some snapped bolts, re tapped and new bolts, pulled dent out the bumper now sorting out a cat for the mot.
after that's all sorted I look at the engine, 225.5bhp dyno'ed
It's had some work already, engine re build and bored out, remap.
im gonna service it first! Then look into what's been done, it's got baileys dump valve which reed isn't good for these engines!
3 inch turbo back de cat exhaust system on a ko3s turbo.

will get some pics up soon as I work out how to :)

any by suggestions or info on what's best would be great!
Going to have a search around on here after some grub!

Cheers

Reactions: Sandra
Replace the baileys valve for a oem valve is a cheap and easy first move. Check the stickies for some inspiration, they are a treasure trove of knowledge. Also look at upgrading the stock brakes very soon because they are terrible

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1405707442281164

Will do tomorrow.
Would anyone know someone or what the loss power Is about? Seems alot

I know when I had mine mapped I lost 30bhp between engine and wheel, so yours doesn't seem too much more. In fact I think I have almost the same as you at the wheels

After cleaning all c.v joints, re-greased and new boots both drive shafts back in ready to go!
Then got a few engine bay pictures:ImageUploadedByTapatalk1405790524777171ImageUploadedByTapatalk1405790537180692

I see a uprated intake pipe, silicone boost hose going in to the hard pipe, the aforementioned bov and what I'm guessing is a hose going to a boost gauge. Apart from that everything looks standard.

I would recommend looking at getting a FMIC (check the stickies, look for posts about the wellycooler) then you are pretty much ready for stage 2

Where you see the blue pipeing going to the boost guage, there's a non return valve to the right, I'll get a picture of this!
When it had the rebuild apprantly had different injectors am iv got originally ones in the car, how can I check these?
Iv had look at the stickys, few different valves to look at,
Apart from that going to check what boost it's running on the guage when my down pipe is connected up.

FMIC is going to be the mod for me if all others are good, what figures will I be looking t before and after a stage 2 with a FMIC?

Few more pictures I got this morning:
Here is the non return valve I mentioned, surely wrong place for the boost guage?
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1405840121184911

Dunno if any good, but the injectors I mentioned:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1405840157780869
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1405840168140078
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1405840178477665