After A Little Advice - How Much Is My S3 Worth

Craig-P

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm thinking of parting with my S3 as I really fancy a Golf R but i'm not really sure what my S3 is worth and therefore if I'm actually in the position to change just yet....So i'm just wanting people's opinion's really, Here is a run down:

55K Miles
2009 Facelift
Recently had a lot of work carried out incl cambelt, waterpump, tracking etc
Full Audi service history until my ownership where I have then maintained it
Loads of history with it, old MOT's, reciepts for all parts i've bought etc
Completely standard except a few subtle changes here and there
Just been taxed today and MOT'd end of March
2 main flip key's
Manual

Spec:
Xenon headlights with DRL's and coming home light function ect
Full heated leather interior with wingback Recaro seats
Heated electric folding door mirrors
Factory fit rear parking sensors
Factory tinted windows?
BOSE sound system
Auto lights/wipers
Cruise control
Imola Yellow
Bluetooth
Sat Nav
TPMS

Plus all the usual S3 refinements....

Overall condition I would say is very high, There is the odd imperfection here and there - Various light marks/stone chips etc but nothing you wouldn't expect from a 09 plate car. Washed regulary and cared for at all time's, Always left to warm up and cool down and always ran on Shell V Power. On Autotrader they seem to be around 14-15K but without the spec of which mine has, I have a rough price in mind but would just like some feedback before making any further decision's, Your input is appreciated....

Thanks
Craig

You can't sell a car with tax anymore the new owner must tax it them selves

The problem is a lot of people won't buy for spec. The only real selling point of your spec is your Recaros so in my opinion it would be normal s3 price with your milage and it being facelift + about £1k at most.

The problem is a lot of people won't buy for spec. The only real selling point of your spec is your Recaros so in my opinion it would be normal s3 price with your milage and it being facelift + about £1k at most.
Who doesn't look for a car with high spec??? All good selling points, will sell faster than without at a slightly higher premium. Also coupled with a comprehensive service history.
The Recaros are £1500 on there own.
You should put it up at a tenner and I will snap your hand off, lol.
In all seriousness though ask for 16.5k and take 16k.
Heres one on autotrader.
Audi S3 2.0 TFSI Quattro 3dr

Hmmm I understand what your saying but I know for me personally I hang out for the right car.

Spec is a big part of car buying for me and I know other's feel the same. I'm always willing to pay extra for a higher spec....

Reactions: audismart
The car is a decent spec, facelift and lowish miles, but is a marmite colour in some people's eyes. The recaros are a desirable option but I would think they would add £500 to the price at most.
Depends if you want to sell or not, I would say it's worth nearer £14k than £16k tbh

Reactions: Hookmonster
The car is a decent spec, facelift and lowish miles, but is a marmite colour in some people's eyes. The recaros are a desirable option but I would think they would add £500 to the price at most.
Depends if you want to sell or not, I would say it's worth nearer £14k than £16k tbh
Well thats your first offer. lol.
Might be marmite, but its a rare colour. If you want to buy those wingbacks separate, they go for £1500 2nd hand. So add £1000 to the price. They are marmite too to be fair, bit uncomfortable for me. So makes it a marmite car that does have a good market.

For me when I purchased mine spec was everything. There was certain things which I had to have and I waited for the right car. Your car has some decent specs. £14-15k would be a good price to sell.

Who doesn't look for a car with high spec??? All good selling points, will sell faster than without at a slightly higher premium. Also coupled with a comprehensive service history.
The Recaros are £1500 on there own.
You should put it up at a tenner and I will snap your hand off, lol.
In all seriousness though ask for 16.5k and take 16k.
Heres one on autotrader.
Audi S3 2.0 TFSI Quattro 3dr
I worded that wrong, everyone wants high spec but there not going to pay anywhere near factory for it so it's not going to put the price up much.
As I said it's worth the 14-15k + around 1k for the Recaros.
You have a point about the high spec selling faster but if you had the same car with factory s3 spec it would sell for near the same price just take longer.

Reactions: audismart
You will defo sell the car for 15.5k, if your not desperate and hold out for longer and you get someone who wants that spec and colour? they will pay the 16k.

I'm not in a massive rush tbh I'm just basically going to put the feelers out and if someone genuinely wants it then it'll go....

Thanks for your input though guy's, It's much appreciated and taken on board :)

Easier to sell at 14k without reccaros than 15.5k with.

Best bet would be to sell the seats for ~£1800 and spend £300 on regular leathers to put back in.

I agree, put the original seats back in and sell the Recaros separately. Only a true S3 enthusiast will be buying your car with such fancy gismos and the yellow paint. You have to make it more appealing on price more than anything else.