Advice on Audi's rust warranty...please!

Jordan427

Reaction score
Hi all,

My 2005 A3 has some rust spots at the bottom of the door (see pics), so I took it to preston audi to see if they would fix it under the 12 year rust perforation warranty...anyway, they phoned me on saturday to say that audi would pay 70% as a goodwill gesture, meaning I would have to pay 30%.

Now here's the problem...if it's just a straight up repair I would pay £270 (meaning the total cost is £900), BUT, there's a chance I will need new doors, but they won't know that until they start stripping them down, and if I do need new doors it means I'd have to pay something like £780. Seems a bit odd doesn't it? I don't want new doors anyway as they would stand out like a sore thumb, but if they start the work and then say "yup you need new doors, that's £780 please" I'm kind of screwed, as I don't want to be forking out that much money for a few rust spots.

Has anyone else been through anything like this? Any advice is much appreciated!

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG20170603134700.jpg
    IMG20170603134700.jpg
    233.7 KB · Views: 130
  • IMG20170603134705.jpg
    IMG20170603134705.jpg
    246.8 KB · Views: 134
BMW Mini did the same to me when I has a JCW several years ago - I paid the % and went with the new doors. That way I knew the rust wouldn't come back (in the doors anyway) and it was a take-it or leave-it offer.

Mini did blend the paint so it's wasn't noticeable. The new panels Mini replaced only carried a 2 year warranty which aligned with the end of the car rust & perforation warranty.

I suspect your 12 year warranty must be coming to an end - maybe it's worth getting quotes from a panel beater/painter as this may come in at less than £780'ish?

That's pretty bad. When did you notice the rust????

Problem should of been addressed a lot sooner