Advice / help

hedwaf95

Reaction score
Got my A3 29.03.19 (delivery date) since then had lots of issues with the car, fuel consumption is a joke - £600 in since 1st April (it’s a A3 1.6 30 TDI) clutch warning keeps coming up and worst of everything else the handbrake comes on by itself, took it to the dealership and they had it in for 2 days for testing, the head technician also took the car home with him with my permission for “testing”. Got the car back yesterday and their diagnostic recorded no faults other than sporadic issues with the gas temperature sensor, supposedly that was cleared. Obviously with the handbrake coming on by itself, I don’t feel safe in the car. I have lost confidence driving the car! It’s a hazard for me and other road users if the handbrake came on while I was doing speed on a motorway, I’m putting other people in danger too.

Spoke to Audi UK who said nothing can be done as the car showed no faults and had “extensive” testing done. Can’t reject the car because of the no fault thing.

Don’t know what to do, handbrake came on again today (of course once Audi didn’t have it) and so I rang again, logged another complaint with Audi UK and asked for it to be escalated.

Has anyone else has similar issues? Or has anyone got any suggestions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Keep a log of when anything happens , time, date ,speed etc etc and if you can film it all the better , If you have another Audi dealer close to you get them to check it as well.
Good Luck.

Reactions: hedwaf95
If you can set up a go pro or similar so you have proof that it happens I take it the handbrake light comes up on the dash aswell?

If you can set up a go pro or similar so you have proof that it happens I take it the handbrake light comes up on the dash aswell?

The car brought up a fault and it’s currently being investigated. The car is having to go to Audi UK to be investigated and if they deem unsafe I won’t be aloud back in the car

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk