1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Advice for white...

S3 Rav Jan 16, 2020 at 9:52 AM

1. S3 Rav

S3 Rav Well-Known Member

Good morning all. I have previously only had black cars and use the black fire products which are great.

I have however now purchased a second car which is a white 2011 a3 s line and wondering what polishes / sealants / waxes people tend to use on their white cars.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Rav.

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. Bristle Hound

Bristle Hound Moderator Staff Member Moderator X3 M-Sport Alpine White

@S3 Rav - I'm a big fan of sealents on white. They defo give a sharper finish IMO
    Waxes on white tend to give a softer warmer finish, but I think white's need a sharper finish

My current car is a solid white which I use Gyeon Cure on
    https://www.audi-sport.net/xf/categories/the-trading-post.148/

[​IMG]

However in the past I have used neat Sonax BSD on whites with great results

I've had four white cars, solid & metallic, in the last 10 years & sealents have always worked for me

4. jassyo06

jassyo06 T-Cut King ! S3 Saloon Audi S3 Black Edition Porsche Voodoo Blue

Get it wrapped in "A Colour".....lol a machine polish will have the best effect on your white paint ....end of

T-1000 likes this.
  5. T-1000

T-1000 Active Member Team Glacier Sportback Audi RS3 5 Cylinder

Fusso 99 here.

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. S3 Rav

S3 Rav Well-Known Member

Thank you all for your comments guys..much appreciated. Lots of new products these days. Need to get my head around them all.

7. Nickyc

Nickyc Active Member

Depending on how far you want to go and spend, I have recently found that the Turtle Wax Hydrophobic Sealant Wax is pretty good on White. The added bonus is that its cheap, really easy to apply to the car in a few minutes, and generally lasts until the next wash.