Advanced Key

JDHOWELLS

Reaction score
Any FL S3 owners with an advanced key option? I have it coming on mine as I like pushing buttons :)

Have looked around on here and the web to see if the key is actually different than the normal flip key but found nothing..

I am guessing that its the bog standard key but you just don't need to use it as a normal key?

Any FL S3 owners with an advanced key option? I have it coming on mine as I like pushing buttons :)

Have looked around on here and the web to see if the key is actually different than the normal flip key but found nothing..

I am guessing that its the bog standard key but you just don't need to use it as a normal key?

I have it and yes, you're correct. It looks exactly the same as the regular key.

Reactions: JDHOWELLS
Are Blue? It's a great colour, I love it!

Yeh I have an Ara Blue Black Edition Sport Back currently sat in Quality Control in Germany! Never heard of the colour until the car I had on test for a couple of hours was Ara blue, that was a sunny day and it was not a hard choice to make after that..

Reactions: Tom.H
I have keyless entry on my Golf and it chews through batteries. Ive been fitting a new one every 12 months ish.

Its a small price to pay for the coolness and convenience that keyless brings

Last edited:
I have keyless entry on my Golf and it chews through batteries. Ive been fitting a new one every 12 months ish.

Its a small price to pay for the coolness and convenience that keyless brings

There is something wrong there. I had a VW GLI with advanced key and over 4 years I never replaced the battery. I love the feature and have it on my S3.

I currently follow golfmk7.com and 12 months battery life is widely reported by many keyless users. You must have been the lucky exception

Hmm.....one reason may be that my key is almost continually not within my car receiver range and only in range when I get out to drive it.

Also brilliant for theives with enough to but the appropaite gadget online to get the code/signal to steal with ease!

I love the key on mine, it makes it feel a bit more 'proper' but do admit pushing buttons!

This is what Porsche say on their 911 configurator re their 'Entry& Drive' keyless system:-

'Note: The Porsche Entry & Drive System uses state of the art technology. However, it cannot be completely ruled that the key's wireless encryption code is intercepted and used to open or steal the vehicle'.

This is obviously a big selling point. I wonder how many Porsche owners spec it?

We go through this everytime Advanced key gets brought up. I don't see how it's much different to central locking, you're still sending a code through the air to the car to tell it to unlock... Anyway, I have advanced key and had keyless on my previous car. Its brilliant and wouldn't be without it. Much easier and you get the lovely starter button.

Reactions: richinsoton and TYb
I had it on my TT as came as standard, didn't opt for it on the S3 which I picked up in February and still get in the car with the key in my pocket, if I ordered again I would definitely spec it.

I've used Keyless entry on my Golf R for the last year; and I never forget my keys as I never take them out my pocket.

I think it is a super useful feature.