Advanced Key

Status
Not open for further replies.

farmerpalmer

Reaction score
Hi, I am a long time lurker and very much enjoy reading this forum.
I currently drive a Golf ED30, and have been contemplating changing for some time, but tbh the only car i seriously consider would be an S3.
I have read most of the extensive posts on Audi Advanced Key, and was hoping Audi would have updated their security or at least allowed the owner to deactivate the system if required.
Some cars allow this feature to be turned off.
So, can Advanced Key be turned off to allow "normal" opening of doors via the button, or is a tin foil wrap the way to go?

Hi, I am a long time lurker and very much enjoy reading this forum.
I currently drive a Golf ED30, and have been contemplating changing for some time, but tbh the only car i seriously consider would be an S3.
I have read most of the extensive posts on Audi Advanced Key, and was hoping Audi would have updated their security or at least allowed the owner to deactivate the system if required.
Some cars allow this feature to be turned off.
So, can Advanced Key be turned off to allow "normal" opening of doors via the button, or is a tin foil wrap the way to go?

I have keyless on my Golf. I've never subscribed to the panic around the supposed security risk associated with keyless entry. If you have the slightest doubt dont tick that option box, save some money.

Here's something for you to consider: if keyless entry presents such a security risk why dont insurance companies ask if its on your car when you fill out the proposal?? Surely it would be as crucial as the question about car alarm, immobiliser etc. Insurance companies don't miss an oportunity to hike premiums up.

Reactions: OST
I have keyless on my Golf. I've never subscribed to the panic around the supposed security risk associated with keyless entry. If you have the slightest doubt dont tick that option box, save some money.

Here's something for you to consider: if keyless entry presents such a security risk why dont insurance companies ask if its on your car when you fill out the proposal?? Surely it would be as crucial as the question about car alarm, immobiliser etc. Insurance companies don't miss an oportunity to hike premiums up.

Its a great question re insurance companies especially having seen the eaae first hand of any potential theft.

Status
Not open for further replies.