Advanced Key - keyfob resync after battery replacement

dts439

Reaction score
Anyone out there who's successfully resynced the remote locking of a keyfob in an Audi with Advanced key ?

Had the keyfob battery low message in the DIS so changed the battery and now it wont remotely lock/unlock.

This happened 18 months ago when I changed the battery in the other remote and I ended up going to the dealer to get both keys resynced.

The method in the manual to resync did not work (press unlock on remote, unlock physically within 30 seconds, press unlock or lock on remote). So not sure if this is because its Advanced key, it did not work last time either.

I can start the car by holding the key against the steering column but the remote part will not resync.

Any ideas? Or am I off to the dealers again. It just looks like I'm never getting the car into learn mode.

Last time I played with VCDS I just made things worse and killed the other key.

Any advice gratefully received...

Cheers

Dave

In the 3 years I've owned my A1 with keyless I've never had a issue with keys needing resyncing after battery replacement Ive never used my spare it's still on its original battery (it still opens up the car i assume it would start the car)

It doesn't sound right to me

It may be an issue with the remote module /keyfob being a bit sensitive/old. I think the battery in the keyfob had pretty much died when I changed it and perhaps lost the rolling code.

I was just hoping someone with Advanced key had gone through the process to resync (either with just keys or with VCDS) to prove it can be done. There are lots of "procedures" on the internet for various VAG cars but I've never found one for the A1 with Advanced.

Note you can still start the car OK with the 'duff' key by holding it against the steering column.

Will have a go tonight and if I fail (as last time) will be off to the dealer tomorrow.

OK , so was about to start to play with the keys tonight and discovered the duff key now works!

Perhaps the car needed to go out of range of the key to reset the rolling code (It been driven today on the other key).

Bizarre.