Admiral cancelled policy and have just told me

I hope the people who stuck up for Admiral and blamed the OP are slightly embarrassed!

lol cheers well did have me questioning myself. I deal with lots of people like that at work that will believe anything they hear from a company or would rather believe someone is lying or put someone down as it makes them feel better about themselves. its cool they don't know me i could have been lying i guess although why i would come on here and on FB and have a rant would seem strange. i'm just glad i never had the car taken off me or crushed and i didn't have a accident despite them saying i was always covered i don't think id like to test the water. I guess the guy i spoke to will get a talking to but doesn't make sense why he acted the way he did.

Reactions: KenL
well im one lucky person, admiral have been on apologising for their behaviour and the way they have treated me, the lady said they have no followed their own procedures and they should called me and also she admitted that they didnt send a text or as many emails as the man said so they will sit with him for futher training. She also mentioned that i did not in fact tick a box that said email correspondance only.
All seems very strange i've said i had to go elsewhere and she said she will resintate the policy and that she will pay the other companies cancellation fees and offer £50 for putting me in that situation and 25% discount on next years policy as a way of apology, she did say thats not the way we treat customers and when i mentioned that he wouldnt reinstate it withou waiting 48hours she replied that shes looked at the policy and would have reinstated it straight away without waiting as this happens quite frequently. At least i guess they admitted to making a mistake and making me think i had done something i hadnt. She also said despite what the guy told me in event of an accident i would have been covered but I dont think i would have liked to have found out.

Glad you got it sorted. At least they admitted their mistake and are covering costs. Good outcome.

I hope the people who stuck up for Admiral and blamed the OP are slightly embarrassed!

There are always two sides to every story. The fact the guy at Admiral has actually lied, changes everything. As Emails hadn't been sent, then the OP had no chance to reply, and hadn't missed them due to going into spam. So that crucial bit of information changes everything.

You respond to facts. If the facts have changed, then it changes your perception of the situation.

But I still think the OP needs to take things up with the DVLA, as this whole situation has been caused with them flagging up his driving licence.

well im one lucky person, admiral have been on apologising for their behaviour and the way they have treated me, the lady said they have no followed their own procedures and they should called me and also she admitted that they didnt send a text or as many emails as the man said so they will sit with him for futher training. She also mentioned that i did not in fact tick a box that said email correspondance only.
All seems very strange i've said i had to go elsewhere and she said she will resintate the policy and that she will pay the other companies cancellation fees and offer £50 for putting me in that situation and 25% discount on next years policy as a way of apology, she did say thats not the way we treat customers and when i mentioned that he wouldnt reinstate it withou waiting 48hours she replied that shes looked at the policy and would have reinstated it straight away without waiting as this happens quite frequently. At least i guess they admitted to making a mistake and making me think i had done something i hadnt. She also said despite what the guy told me in event of an accident i would have been covered but I dont think i would have liked to have found out.
Good news mate :) with respect to the 25% off next years quote, did you get that in an email? You want to save that! ;)

Reactions: robps3
lol yeah i did and i got that one (funnily enough) but yeah mentions thats i havent had a policy cancelled and i have to call them to activate (i'll probably do the insurance on line to see how much it will cost then ring.

Reactions: S32B
lol yeah i did and i got that one (funnily enough) but yeah mentions thats i havent had a policy cancelled and i have to call them to activate (i'll probably do the insurance on line to see how much it will cost then ring.
Good, glad it all worked out ;)