Abt price decrease

andy l

Reaction score
Hi for those that are interested I made an enquiry months ago for an Abt unit for a S1 and the price was well over £2k.
Just got an email from Richter Sport this morning stating they now have additional support from Abt and supplied and fitted the unit is now £1500 with full warranty as before.
It's still a sizeable chunk of money but it's a good decrease in price and very close to the Mtm cantronic unit.

Don't get these 2 units over a DTUK box, even at that price i'd be hard pushed to part with that money for what they are...sorry

Reactions: S1Pete
I would normally extol the virtues of abt but after them refusing to cough up anything for my clutch, not even as a goodwill gesture, I won't be buying another one.

Hi Ian,
So have you replaced your clutch?
What power were you pushing?
(Off topic- will we see the RS1)?
Best,Pete.

Reactions: Ian Whiffen
Hi Ian,
So have you replaced your clutch?
What power were you pushing?
(Off topic- will we see the RS1)?
Best,Pete.
Hi Pete. No I have it sitting here. To be honest the old clutch is still holding on. Thought I would wait for it to get worse but it still only slips sometimes in 6th. Had a race with a ttrs at the Audi Ipswich event on Sunday. Brilliant fun and the clutch was fine. I would post the video but I think I'd be arrested. My S1 was chucking out 305 bhp with the abt remap but with the forge intercooler and Pipercross filter it's up to 315 on the rolling road. I would love to see the RS1 but to be honest mine would be quicker lol

Alex from MTM is selling a brand new kit and map for £700, it is a one off deal if anyone is interested on the FB S1 owners group page.

Yeh,bet that race was a cracker,and a surprise to the tt-rs driver!
My DTUK Box is pushing a nice 275-80-not been on a rolling road yet!
Clutch is definitely the weakest part of the drive train,mine is fine-fingers crossed!
Querie a Sachs clutch, that you may need?
Shame on you Abt of lack of support!

Ive got a second hand mtm box which I bought off a forum member for £200 so £700 is not to bad.
I've done loads of research and you apparently after to get them reprogrammed to your new car.

Ive got a second hand mtm box which I bought off a forum member for £200 so £700 probably a bit steep, but good luck on that one!!
I've done loads of research and you apparently after to get them reprogrammed to your new car.

This is a brand new MTM, not second hand

Yeh,bet that race was a cracker,and a surprise to the tt-rs driver!
My DTUK Box is pushing a nice 275-80-not been on a rolling road yet!
Clutch is definitely the weakest part of the drive train,mine is fine-fingers crossed!
Querie a Sachs clutch, that you may need?
Shame on you Abt of lack of support!
It's was funny. One of the audi sport members was test driving it with my 13 yr old in the passenger seat, we got onto the A14 and he took off and I caught him up and overtook. Was really funny. He said he didn't realise how quick mine was. Yeah I have the Sachs organic clutch waiting to go in. I'm really disappointed with abt. Did email Germany but they didn't even reply. Warranty has now run out.

Ive got a second hand mtm box which I bought off a forum member for £200 so £700 is not to bad.
Yeah when I bought my abt one they needed the reg no of my car. I'm wondering if I sold the box if it would work in another car

I spoke with a golf r owner on this site who bought a second hand mtm unit he told me it didn't work so he had to get it reprogrammed.
But I've heard conflicting information.
The advice I've been told from mtm is there not transferable so maybe Abt is the same!

This is a brand new MTM, not second hand
In that case it's a bargain.
I don't go on Facebook is he the son of Kim Collins the owner of QST.
I might be tempted.

I spoke with a golf r owner on this site who bought a second hand mtm unit he told me it didn't work so he had to get it reprogrammed.
But I've heard conflicting information.
The advice I've been told from mtm is there not transferable so maybe Abt is the same!
Yeah its sneaky tho. I wonder how much they charge to reprogramme it?

Yeah its sneaky tho. I wonder how much they charge to reprogramme it?
Totally sneaky I agree.
I've been told by QST that the price of a reprogram is £450.
Why is he selling a unit for £700 when there £1300 anyone know.