Absolute newbie be gentle.

RS04OGN

Reaction score
Hi chaps,

New to the forum here. I purchased a b7 RS4 saloon today. Black Audi exclusive pack was very much drawn to this particular car from the white Wingbacks and trim.

Have had a great deal of fun today and have never experienced a power plant of this caliber having come from a TT 2.0T.

There is one thing I would like to ask, amongst getting totally carried away on the back roads I took my car to 8500 Rpm in third gear before I was promoted to change gear when it wouldn't go any further, total numpty I know. Should I be concerned having done this? I wasn't in sport mode and ESP was on. Be gentle with me for asking this in my first thread, I expect to hear comments such as fill your boots mate but a genuine answer to put my mind at rest would be grand.

Thanks all.

Attachments

• IMG_7822.JPG
    IMG_7822.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 133
Hi mate. Welcome to the group. As far as I know the rev limiter is set at 8500rpm and as these car car pick up speed so rapidly I wouldn't be concerned if you've reached it unknowingly! Just enjoy driving it fast and keep it between the hedges!:sunglasses:

Hi mate. Welcome to the group. As far as I know the rev limiter is set at 8500rpm and as these car car pick up speed so rapidly I wouldn't be concerned if you've reached it unknowingly! Just enjoy driving it fast and keep it between the hedges!:sunglasses:
Thanks mate much appreciated. Yes for sure it needs to be treated with respect just can't help myself.

From one newbie to another, welcome!

Reactions: Ringyramjet