ABS Speed Sensor Question

JamieOS

Resident Eejit
Reaction score
My front left ABS speed sensor **** the bed the other day and I must order a new one. Dealer wants €107. Online motorfactors want anywhere from €5.50 to €32 but none of them are brands I'd consider to be OEM quality. AA Feb Bilstein sensor is €20, a Fispa one is €32 or a Vemo is €13. I can get a VDO one from the UK for £45 which seems to be in line with what I'd expect for an OEM one. Does anyone know if VDO are the original manufacturer of them for Audi S3s? I can't find any Bosch ones other than dodgy looking eBay ones. I bought a Bosch one for my A4 a while ago and it was literally the same as the original one that came off only without a little sticker tag on it. It had all the part numbers and everything just for half the price. I was hoping I could achieve the same with the S3 if possible. Thanks in advance.

I've just bought x4 from the internet and plan to change all of them.

It might just be dirty. (My front left is very bad) / just inspected it as my ABS was kicking in at very low speed starting from first gear.

Only when I turned off the traction control, did it move without major stuttering.

Part number on mine is = 1J0 927 803 (Front left ABS/wheel speed sensor - plug)

Reactions: JamieOS
I've just bought x4 from the internet and plan to change all of them.

It might just be dirty. (My front left is very bad) / just inspected it as my ABS was kicking in at very low speed starting from first gear.

Only when I turned off the traction control, did it move without major stuttering.

Part number on mine is = 1J0 927 803 (Front left ABS/wheel speed sensor - plug)

Cheers for the part number. I used it to find a Bosch one for a good price so I went with that. Odds are they are the lads making them for Audi anyway lol.