ABS Light HELP!

xeningti

Reaction score
Hey guys so just to let you know i DID go ahead and buy the 3.0 quattro can i say WHAT A MACHINE! GRRRR

i got the guy down in price because we noticed the abs light came on in the test drive i thought it was maybe just a sensor!

apart from it needing a new coil pack thats the only issue but now i have a cluster issue!

Basically

When i start the car from cold i get the ABS light, the EPS light and my speedo doesnt work at all! i can't even use my cruse control or check my MPG etc....

once the car has ran for a while i will shut it down, start it back up and hey presto everything is working again! however i dread the next start up after she has been resting a while as i don't have a very good judge of speed!

Sometimes before the light comes on you can feel the brake pedal vibrate a bit (you know that way if you brake hard in the snow or ice and it sends feedback) the the lights come on and the speedo goes to sleep.

Does anyone have any helpful information that might help me solve this issue because apart from that i can't see anything else wrong with the car!

Thanks in advance
Cheers
:)

Dare I ask if you had it scanned for error codes before buying a car with known faults?

If not, that's your first port of all really.

i had it scanned at a garage ill phone them today to see if they still have the codes somewhere ill post em here

haha but that doesnt help me!

Sorry bud, couldn't resist it.

When I brake hard (ish) in damp conditions the pulsating feedback from the brake pedal is quite off putting and doesn't feel normal. No lights come on though so I decided to live with it. I'll be interested to hear what replies you get mate.

As above, +1 on the fault codes being read.

Also, might be worth a battery drop test being carried out. Some poor batteries can cause all sorts of electrical problems..... could be in your case if everything is working ok after car has been used and charging battery up.....overnight it drains a little and causes some issues.... just a possibility.

As above..........fault codes will help a lot.

Have you also checked the chamber where the brake servo is to make sure it is dry and not full of water.

Does it have after market xenon lights? I had a cheap set on my old car (rx8) and it sent everything crazy.. esp light, airbag light , EML etc.. If so, it could be worth disconnecting and putting some standard halogen bulbs in just to test.