A984 & A822

Psyman79

Sarcasm is hard on a forum ;)
Reaction score
Just drove down to Crieff Hydro for the night and took the scenic route. All i can say is wow, what a great drive. Put everything in dynamic and went for it, what an absolute joy of a trip in the S3. The 2 roads in the title in particular (look them up on maps as i was having too much fun to remember place names). If anyone lives in, or are traveling through Perthshire you have to check this out.

This will probably get shifted to general discussion section but as i did it in an S3 i hope it doesn't :)

Si.

Reactions: elpaulio
Old military road from Dunkeld... Great road.. you have given me an idea for the weekend!! :)

Reactions: Psyman79
Thats the one. Didn't think it would ever take me 3 hours to get from Aberdeen to Crieff but i did it all with a smile :)

Reactions: AndyB-S3
Only thing that i didn't like was forgetting to turn mag ride back to comfort before hitting the speed bumps at Hydro. Think i've flattened my hair :(

Reactions: Martinbanshee and elpaulio
Only thing that i didn't like was forgetting to turn mag ride back to comfort before hitting the speed bumps at Hydro. Think i've flattened my hair :(

Be grateful you've got some to flatten!

Sounds a great drive - thanks. I've added to my folder of recommended roads and drives.

Never went through Blairgowrie. Went coastal route then accross to Coupar Angus then through Meikleour and up to Dunkeld. Crossed Inverness road and onto A822 to Crieff :)

If any mods are reading this, can we please have a great roads map added like we have with VCDS?

Pretty please :)

Si.

Try the A923 on the way back. It runs roughly parallel to the A984 east of Dunkeld.

Try the A923 on the way back. It runs roughly parallel to the A984 east of Dunkeld.

Thanks for the suggestion, maybe next time :) away to Dunblane tomorrow and then up to Loch Lomond on Thursday so was thinking of heading home over Glenshee :)

Looking at maps it might be easier to go through Blairgowrie afterall :) i'll report back after our wee trip :)

Si.

Im a huge fan of the A93 Peterculter to Blairgowrie hours and hours of driving pleasure so scenic as well!