A6 C7 Allroad Suspension Dropped and Adaptive Light Fault!

amarsingh

Reaction score
Hi Guys,
New member here, my 2017 A6 Allroad had got a suspension fault along with adaptive headlights fault.

I have stuck it on a diagnostic and all faults are relating to the level control not being coded, tried VCDS to recode it and calibrate but no joy, the moment i get to the last procedure it says 'exited due to safety reasons' (the car is literally sitting on the floor,

FAULT CODES - 00471 and U111300, U01400 on OBD 11

I've spoken to TPS who said it could be the level control module which controls the adaptive lights and also connected to the suspension, now i cant find the module, apparently behind the dash on passenger side? any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

Whats the story with the suspension, is it air, changed out, fixed etc?

And the rest of the questions?

So the car has drive select, air suspension, the suspension fault and adaptive light fault came on literally the same time and since the suspension has been literally on the floor sitting over the tyres.

The OBD 11 faults says electronic damping control module code - 00471

sorry im new to this so please bare with me

So purely looking at this logically. The warning lamp came on when the suspension collapsed? Does the compressor run? Have you noticed the car sagging prior to the collapse?

So purely looking at this logically. The warning lamp came on when the suspension collapsed? Does the compressor run? Have you noticed the car sagging prior to the collapse?
Hello mate, sorry for the late reply.

So the warning light came on and a few days later the suspension dropped, there wasnt any sagging prior it was all running as it should have.

Checking further there was water in the passenger footwell, took the seat out and lifted the carpet, i was advised there was a module there but cant seem to see anything.

Also, i have a feeling ive lost all coding to the suspension and xenon control.

Thank you

So did the warning lamp come on because the compressor wasn't/isn't working?

So did the warning lamp come on because the compressor wasn't/isn't working?
When the fault originally came up i switched off the car and restarted and everything was working as normal, i left the car parked a few days and i scanned it, once scanned and deleted the codes the car went to the floor.

I cant hear the compressor now and the adaptive xenon fault is still present on the dash

I just scanned it on my autel and below are the codes.

00471 - ELECTRONIC DAMPING CONTROL MODULE - PLEASE READ DTC (ACTIVE/STATIC)

C104600 - LEVEL CONTROL SYSTEM (ACTIVE/STATIC)
U111100 FUNCTION LIMITATION DUE TO MISSING MESSAGE (ACTIVE/STATIC)
C10C800 - FUNCTION DEACTIVATION ACTIVE (PASSIVE/SPORADIC)
C104400 - CONTROL POSITION NOT ADAPTED (ACTIVE/STATIC)
U101300 - CONTROL MODULE NOT CODED (ACTIVE/STATIC)
U101400 - CONTROL MODULE INCORRECTLY CODED (ACTIVE/STATIC)
B201300 - NO BAND END PROGRAMMING OCCURS (ACTIVE/STATIC)

I hope this helps..

I'd still suggest checking compressor first. 2017? It will have cycled many times and nothing lasts forever. If your suspension dropped it could even be (unlikely) a faulty valve block. Can you fill the air tank and raise the car that way? The lights are related to the level being incorrect, you need the suspension fixing first and likely they will be back to normal.

Last edited:
guys ever get to the bottom on this ?
same thing has happened to my allroad c7 (2014)
suspension warning followed by adaptive range control error immediately afterwards.
drove home car was not noticeably sagging the next day cleared codes with odbeleven and the car has sunk to the tyres.
once cleared the range control error always returns and sets off the suspension warning again so car wont lift.
I too had water ingress from sunroof to footweel 2 years ago

guys ever get to the bottom on this ?
same thing has happened to my allroad c7 (2014)
suspension warning followed by adaptive range control error immediately afterwards.
drove home car was not noticeably sagging the next day cleared codes with odbeleven and the car has sunk to the tyres.
once cleared the range control error always returns and sets off the suspension warning again so car wont lift.
I too had water ingress from sunroof to footweel 2 years ago
Hi,

After trying to perform suspension resets and checking relays it turned out to be a faulty compressor, i replaced mine with one from Aerosus which was a lot cheaper than main dealers, i hope this helps.

Reactions: Alan Hodges
amarsingh thanks for the quick response,
do you know if the compressor type are they all the same for the allroad c7's? mine is a bitdi probably the same tho.
and location is external at the rear of the car ?
and did you replace the relay at the same time?

a new compressor resolved this in the end. paid audi for a diagnostic on old compressor, output was not enough bar to lift the car. I went for areosus brand and had it shipped from Germany for 350. audi diagnostic was 250. car recovery both ways 75 each. approx 750 and nearly a month without the car! Audi wanted over 2k to complete the job.