A6 Avant Water lying on sill of drivers side door

Scott90

Reaction score
Hi im new member, had my Audi A6 Avant a month only 3 year old. Done 16k. I've noticed the driver's side door seems to collect water on the sill where the s line runner goes across and it's also sits on the seal that goes along the bottom. None of the other doors do this. Just worried that in winter this freeze and jams door etc. Any advice or ideas what might be causing this would be much appreciated. Thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201012_185158_com.android.gallery3d.jpg
    Screenshot_20201012_185158_com.android.gallery3d.jpg
    424.5 KB · Views: 354
Hi mate. This is not normal.
I would suspect a split on the door seal or maybe it's just not seated correctly. That's where I would start
Hope you get it sorted

Sent from my SM-G980F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Scott90
I've just had a closer look and can see there is water running down back of the plastic door cover inside car which is then running done onto the seal and sill. No water is coming in car, but I don't think it should be running down the inside like that, maybe I need get Audi to look at it or remove the door panel and have a look?

If the seal is doing it's job then u shouldn't have any water in those areas mate.

Sent from my SM-G980F using Tapatalk

Also check the seal on the door loudspeaker- Failed seals can bring water that to meant to run between the inner and out metal panels inside

Also check the seal on the door loudspeaker- Failed seals can bring water that to meant to run between the inner and out metal panels inside
Hi will I need to take the door cover off?? Thanks

This was a well known issue with some C7s and Audi provided a fix for it. The issue is that seal inside the door around the speaker is not fitted correctly and causes the water when it rains to be diverted towards the interior of the car rather than out through the drain holes

That's exactly what I think is happening. I'll just ring Audi thanks

There will always be some on the "S line runner" - but it does look like you have some behind the seal.
I had this on my old A6. Audi's fix was to pump black silicone everywhere until the water stopped :tearsofjoy:
Someone has probably taken the door card off at some point and torn the plastic sheet around one of the door card clips.

I would take the card off and run some water down the window - this will show you where the water is coming in. Should be an easy fix and you'll know it won't be bodged if you do it!

Yep one of the easiest I've taken off!
3 screws. One under the door pull. The other two are hidden behind trim (trim around the door handle which pulls off). Then one under the door pull (again just pulls off).
The card then pulls off - start from the bottom and work your way around.

Edit: this is probably easier to follow rather than me explaining!