A6 19" wheel issue

Ash76

Reaction score
Recently picked up a c5 2.7t and have bought some 19" s8 wheels for it but when I've come to fit them the rears are fine but the fronts are rubbing against the top arms the tyres are 255/40/19s any suggestions ?

They are to high. I have 255/35/19 ET35 on my c5 3.0q and they rubbed just 1mm at the inner top, so I made it 2-3mm smaller. But in big bumps it rubs in the front.

So I'm best changing to 35s instead of 40s?

The ride would be pretty harsh on stock C5 suspension and 35 profile tyres so the better (and cheaper) option would be spacers.

Last edited:
So if I go for spacers what sort of size?

Ah ok, you explained it better the second time! I'm not sure that's incorporated into the UK Construction and Use regs, but it may well be different where you are.

I was also going to ask you about the details of your C5 S-Line too, as in the UK that model designation didn't come to the A6 range until the C6 model. What spec is it?

I'm from Sweden. And everyone knows that Sweden is the land of rules and regs.

I'm not really sure about the setup but I do know that it's lower (maybe 20-30mm) and a lot stiffer with the red coils.

And on my A6 they had a special pack that was called "World Cup" and it contained recaro seats, S6 breaks, gear change on steering wheel, Cruise control, painted bumpers and the s-line package.

Last edited:
I'm really confused now you say if at 60 you would be doing 63 ish which is not legal as you have to be no more than 5 or less than, surly that means your window would be 55 to 65 which 63 is within ?

I'm really confused now you say if at 60 you would be doing 63 ish which is not legal as you have to be no more than 5 or less than, surly that means your window would be 55 to 65 which 63 is within ?

Aah sorry my bad I meant +5% to -5% 😃

Ah that makes more sense thought I'd gone made then

Tried spacers with no joy so guessing it will be a profile change