A5 mmi surround

Seantdi

Reaction score
Hey folks.

Has anyone fitted an a5 mmi surround to an a4?

They look different around where they sit in around the instrument cluster.

Thought I seen before where someone swapped the cases of the cluster so they will fit..

Any info appreciated.
First pic is what I want to fit.
Second is what I have.
 20200317 145422

20200317 150105

I ordered a replacement surround for my S4 as I'm in the process of skinning the interior trim in carbon and was sent the A5 part by mistake. Thought i'd test fit it as it looks much easier to skin than the S4 part however it doesn't fit.

You're correct, the right side around the cluster is a different shape and i'm pretty sure the clips were in a different location as well. Also, not sure if it was down to spec, but the cut out for the screen was much smaller on the A5 part than on my S4.

I know it doesn't answer your question but hopefully it's of some help

Reactions: Seantdi
Yup I have a spare one that I got when I was going to paint my own but got the a5 one. Would love to fit it as the chrome would stand out on it if I was to paint it black.

The shape of the instrument clusters are slightly different between the A4 and A5 so won't fit.

Thought I seen before where someone had swapped over the internals from the a4 into the a5 cluster. Can't seem to find it now

Just an update on this.

Got the a5 trim in but needed a set of a5 clocks also. Pretty simple in the end and looks way better.

DSC 0567 resize 84

Reactions: Nitro_CR