A5 Coupe Mirror Dip help

Hakan Kilic

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

After owning a 2011 Golf MK6 for 3.5 years, i got very used to/dependent on the mirror down feature, I recently got my A5 and Ive been told that the mirror dip feature only comes with the folding mirrors package, is there any way I can get this on my car, I've heard a lot of good things about OBDEleven but ive never done any code changing/mods before so any help will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

I've OBDEleven, stunningly good and it has the mirror dip function to activate (I too haven't folding mirrors) for 10 credits. No matter how many times I have set this to 'on' and switched it off in the app, plus followed the detailed simple instructions - it DOESN'T work! Tapping up support at OBDEleven is uselessly unclear.I'm following your thread with interest!

I think you’re correct in that it’s part of the folding mirrors hardware, I coded mirror dip with OBDeleven but nothing, I then fitted folding mirrors, first time I hit reverse it started working.
Wonder if it’s the mirror motor or an extra wire?

So the folding mirror option in OBDEleven is to switch off folding mirrors? I've seen on YouTube videos of folk OBD-ing this on VW cars and it switches i on when it wasn't an option on their cars

I want to buy the OBDEleven but not sure if its worth it, If i can enable mirror dip I would definitely get it. Are there any other cool things you can do with it on an A5?

I don't think anyone has cracked it:
https://forums.ross-tech.com/showthread.php?9533-A4-B9-Reverse-Mirror-Tilt-coding It was possible with the B8 but with the B9 it seems not.
From RT: "It is not possible to active the Reverse Mirror Tilt option with VCDS only. Apparently there's some parameter which is not accessible with VCDS, but I still don't know which one that is, and with what application you can change it."

It would only work on my car once I fitted folding mirrors so I think so far that is the missing link.
And my mirror always returns to its previous position once I select drive unlike the Octavia in the above link.

I don't think you need the power folding mirrors. Try this, with the car in Reverse turn the little knob for the mirror selection to either the right or left mirror position and then adjust the mirror to where you want it. You can do both the right and left but need to do them separately. This setting will override the position in the memory for when the car is in a forward gear selection. I do think you have to have memory seats but I'm sure you have those. Give it a try.

I don't think you need the power folding mirrors. Try this, with the car in Reverse turn the little knob for the mirror selection to either the right or left mirror position and then adjust the mirror to where you want it. You can do both the right and left but need to do them separately. This setting will override the position in the memory for when the car is in a forward gear selection. I do think you have to have memory seats but I'm sure you have those. Give it a try.

Had already tried that with my A5, non memory seats, and having configured and followed the same instructions via OBDEleven, but it didn't work :-(

you definitely don’t need memory seat for this to work but as I said I’ve not found a way round this other than adding factory folding mirrors