A4 Quattro 272 Sound

DonnyWade

Reaction score
Hi All. I have recently bought a low mileage 2016 A4 Quattro 272 V6 TDI which I am thoroughly enjoying, I love it to bits. Just one thing though - does anyone know of any way to make the exhaust note sound louder from outside?
I know it's a diesel etc, but I love that big engine rumble when accelerating and it's a shame it's so muffled. I know the previous SQ5 had some trick in the exhaust and they sound awesome (similar engine).
Any ideas? I dont want to be spending loads of money, but if there is some trick I can play on the current exhaust I will gladly try it!

Broom handle banged through the rear silencer or resonator removal, if they have one. The problem is that these days with an exhaust turbo and the filters in the exhaust it's going to be difficult without spending money...

Ok sounds good, has anyone done this on a 272? I'll have a look online see if I can get an exhaust breakdown diagram or something. True they are all pretty tekky these days, I don't wanna wreck anything!

I'd love to know if the trick bit of an SQ5 exhaust can somehow be fitted to it...But probably not as Sq5 is a quad exit set up and the 272 only has a double

I'd love to know if the trick bit of an SQ5 exhaust can somehow be fitted to it...But probably not as Sq5 is a quad exit set up and the 272 only has a double

I tried doing this on my 272

The closest thing is a sound actuator which is over the 1k mark. It includes a full exhaust system and sound module.

Nothing cheaper from what I've seen :/

Ah ok. I'll have to check that out although don't really want to spend 1k. I guess the exhaust all looks the same from the outside after? I wonder if you can just get the actuator part. Thanks for that.

I tried doing this on my 272

The closest thing is a sound actuator which is over the 1k mark. It includes a full exhaust system and sound module.

Nothing cheaper from what I've seen :/
Did it make a good difference....love to know what that sounds like.

Did it make a good difference....love to know what that sounds like.

No didn't end up going through it due to cost/warranty reasons.

The link I found is here https://www.sound-booster.com/en/sets/finder.html

But weirdly there's a note under the purchase kit tab that says the testing kit failed? A bit contradictory

It's supposed to be a 4 hour job and costs 999 euros.

Looks a bit fiddly and I haven't known anyone that's yet done this.

A shame as I really like the bitdi sound.

I might just try a resonator delete first. Does anyone know if these actually have a resonator? I have searched the web but so far can only find any reference to resonator deletes on 4 cylinder engines for the B9. Hopefully someone knows!

I might just try a resonator delete first. Does anyone know if these actually have a resonator? I have searched the web but so far can only find any reference to resonator deletes on 4 cylinder engines for the B9. Hopefully someone knows!
I know I'm 2 years late to the party but did you ever get round to doing this?

Just got myself a 272 and the sound is just waiting to be revealed. Such a sweet sounding motor!

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

I know I'm 2 years late to the party but did you ever get round to doing this?

Just got myself a 272 and the sound is just waiting to be revealed. Such a sweet sounding motor!

Same boat. New-ish 272 owner and that engine just wants to be heard but they really nerf'd a lot to get that Euro 6.

I would love to hear this thing completely straight piped.

I've got a 272 but have a straight through turbo to tip exhaust. Sounds more like a petrol s/rs but it's quite leary and mean. I'm looking at fitting an rs4 back box to take the edge off soon

From all the research I did you gotta go custom exhaust and or dpf/cat delete to get any noise from them.

I've got a 272 but have a straight through turbo to tip exhaust. Sounds more like a petrol s/rs but it's quite leary and mean. I'm looking at fitting an rs4 back box to take the edge off soon

From all the research I did you gotta go custom exhaust and or dpf/cat delete to get any noise from them.
How does this effect your MOT?

Visual DPF check and then an emissions check for your MOT. If it's seen to be missing the DPF, that's an instant fail - a gutted DPF would technically pass if the emissions are also fine. I've heard of smokeless straight piped 3.0TDI older and slightly less old passing MOTs okay.