A4 delivery...an odyssey...

Ytterligare

Reaction score
Ordered november the 3rd, I was told delivery could have been December the 20th, maybe even the 15th.
The dealer was OK with that because he needed to enrol the car within december, to achive some goal balance-wise, probably to reach a certain amount of cars sold within 2016.
Well, december the 15th I called the dealer and he said that the deliver was delayed until dec, the 20th.
On dec. the 20th I was told to wait until dec. the 23rd.
On december 23rd, I was told the deliver was going to to be dec. the 28th.
On dec. the 28th. I was told the auto was shipped to my hometown ( 500 miles from Ingolstadt ) but it was stuck in Munich, due to traffic related problems on the railway....so, new collection date shoud be January the 3rd !
At least, since my old car has gone and they were kind enough to give me an A3 loan car for free..
I will call the dealer in an hour, sorry guys I just wanted to share with you the frustration for this wait..:worried:

Andy

Crikey, you've been very patient fingers crossed you get your car tomorrow...

Crikey, you've been very patient fingers crossed you get your car tomorrow...

Thank you but...had a quick chat with the dealer 10 minutes ago...: no deal...new collection day will be Jan the 5th...hopefully, but I guess this is almost a record in terms of delaying, is it not ? ( 6 times )

Just an update...: also the info about 5th of January collection date was pure bulls**t....they again delayed the delivery to January the 10th.
This is the seventh delay.
Dunno what to think at this point.
A.

Just an update...: also the info about 5th of January collection date was pure bulls**t....they again delayed the delivery to January the 10th.
A.

I do feel for you on this, especially if you are eager to enjoy your new car. What does your terms and conditions say? we have placed an order for a new car with Harwoods Audi and they state on the back of their terms and conditions the following.

Harwoods shall endeavor to deliver a Sale Vehicle by the estimated
delivery date but it does not guarantee to do so and time shall not be of
the essence. In the case of a new Sale Vehicle Harwoods shall be entitled
to cancel the order by notice in writing if the manufacturer ceases to
make vehicles of that type. If the Sale Vehicle is not delivered within
21 days of the estimated delivery date the Customer may give notice in
writing to Harwoods making time of the essence. If Harwoods does not
make delivery within seven days of receipt of the notice the Customer or
Harwoods shall be entitled to cancel the contract and Harwoods shall
return any deposit paid to the Customer and that shalt be the extent of
Harwoods liability and obligations.

I know you probably don't want to cancel but maybe the threat if an option with the Audi group might be enough for them to pull their finger out?

Shaun

A.
This is getting absurd now, get on the phone to audi cs and make a formal complaint. You need to know what it is that keeps delaying your car..

Andy I understand your frustration. My car was built a week early, then sat in the port for a month! I I ended up in a simulation predicament when I sold my car then had to persuade the dealership to lend me a car until mine arrived.