A4 Black addition build date

JRF

Reaction score
Hi,

Ordered my new A4 Black addition 2.0 tfsi on the 9th June and have a build date of the 20th November can not believe how long they are taking to build!!

With delivery I don't think I will see the car until January 7 months from order!.

My BMW 3 series only took 6 weeks from order

Weird I think it is to do with the 2.0 engine I notice your is the 1.4?

I know there has been emissions, I know there were problems

I was told by the dealer there was a 4 week delay on some BE models, not sure why and the 1.4 wasn't affected by emissions. It's a mystery haha...

@JRF that is a long long wait! Ordered mine approx 10th August with build date of 16th October. Definately an issue related to the 2.0tfsi engine.

Let's hope it is worth the wait guys

Hi,

Ordered my new A4 Black addition 2.0 tfsi on the 9th June and have a build date of the 20th November can not believe how long they are taking to build!!

With delivery I don't think I will see the car until January 7 months from order!.

My BMW 3 series only took 6 weeks from order

I think I'll give up hoping then. Ordered mine at the dealers 31/07 and finally received the order number from Audi 24/08 (that was the 2.0tfsi emissions delay) and yourAudi is still at the welcome stage, status 00. Imagine how I'll feel when it does actually show a build date. I can actually see mine becoming an 18 plate car!

Paul I could not believe how long it took to get a build date, my dealer originally told me I would have the car this month! Let's hope that now they have corrected the engines it is worth the delay. Wife is happy the dealer has said we are getting £300 high street vouchers due to the delay!!

Paul I could not believe how long it took to get a build date, my dealer originally told me I would have the car this month! Let's hope that now they have corrected the engines it is worth the delay. Wife is happy the dealer has said we are getting £300 high street vouchers due to the delay!!

It is all a bit strange. The guy posting the Quantum Grey thread only ordered last week and already has a build date of 6th November! Maybe they're short of 19" wheels :cry:

In a similar position. Ordered 6th June with a build date of 24th July. YourAudi says it's been in QC for the past 7 weeks. Called Audi customer service multiple times and was told it would be released soon from QC.

Emailed head office office and they finally admitted it hasn't been built at all as they don't have some parts they need for the alloys and can't give a time scale. They have offered a loan car until my A4 BE arrives (whenever that is).

Audi provided free rental car for the delay

Attachments

• image1.PNG
    image1.PNG
    331.4 KB · Views: 197
Reactions: AlnSaz and cuke2u
It is all a bit strange. The guy posting the Quantum Grey thread only ordered last week and already has a build date of 6th November! Maybe they're short of 19" wheels :cry:
When I wen to collect my A4 BE over a month ago I got told that there was a shortage of 19" rotor alloys and some orders won't be able to be completed until December/January .

When I wen to collect my A4 BE over a month ago I got told that there was a shortage of 19" rotor alloys and some orders won't be able to be completed until December/January .
Funny you mention such a thing, as I've just been informed via the tracking system that the build on my new A4 has been delayed just over one month. Awaiting info now from the dealer!

Interesting information guys! My order went in on 4th July and it's not looking likely I'll get my car until mid December / Xmas. The lease company / dealer are looking into it and I'll hear tomorrow :(

Interesting information guys! My order went in on 4th July and it's not looking likely I'll get my car until mid December / Xmas. The lease company / dealer are looking into it and I'll hear tomorrow :(
Keep us informed on what they say! It certainly seems to be something isn't right at the factory.

Well the dealer says they have the car coming late October for a mid-November delivery. Totally contradicts the tracker. Lease company rep says wait 3-4 weeks and see if anything changes...then he'll take it up with them. It's possible it'll come forward, he's seen it with 4 recent BE orders he's placed