A4 b7 2.0t bul engine heater only blowing red hot or a/c

Andyj32

Reaction score
Hi there I have a problem with my heater it only wants to blow red hot or super cold there is no in between, I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem and could give me some help, thanks very much

when does it do this?On auto or manual or both?Could be related to the flap controlling the air from the heater which is only fully open or closed and not reacting to the temp setting.The motors can stick but this one maybe has lost its sensitivity to the setting.Not easy to get at though

I don't really ever use it in auto, but I just thought I'd take it out for a drive and try it, literally just got back, it was working correctly in auto mode, so I thought give manual another try and guess what it started working as well, so it seems maybe something was maybe stuck as I did notice a clicking sound that stopped after maybe 10 seconds or so from behind the dash, sounds crazy but all seems to be working now, so no more being ****** or freezing to death, I will let you know if anything changes, thanks for reminding me I had an auto setting

I don't really ever use it in auto, but I just thought I'd take it out for a drive and try it, literally just got back, it was working correctly in auto mode, so I thought give manual another try and guess what it started working as well, so it seems maybe something was maybe stuck as I did notice a clicking sound that stopped after maybe 10 seconds or so from behind the dash, sounds crazy but all seems to be working now, so no more being ****** or freezing to death, I will let you know if anything changes, thanks for reminding me I had an auto setting
The blanked word was ****** so I don't know why its hidden