A4 Avant on twin s-tech springs

sx_turbo

Reaction score
So bought some tein springs, speaking to the Americans they seemed to offer the ride quality I wanted and the drop.

Unfortunately I didn't see that they are listed for the saloon A4 only.

As I had them I fitted them anyway, looking at the or part numbers the rear springs are same on Avant and saloon s-lines.

The drop is actually ok and the ride quality is good, I have them with new stock shocks as I couldn't stump for the b8 bilstein.

Now I've driven with them a while I would recommend going for the b8 shocks, there has been a couple of times the front shocks have bottomed out.

The car is really low, there's a few speed bumps and roads that I now have to be careful on where I didn't before, the miltek exhaust has taken a few beatings, the underneath the front bumper has had a few scrapes, and the mud guards have ground a few times.

All this is odd as it doesn't look rediculous low. Unfortunately I don't have a before picture.

My only thoughts are that I wanted to go 19" but I think with the rear I'll now run the arches.

EDIT: title is wrong should say tein (darn auto correct)

Attachments

• IMG_20201212_074749.jpg
    IMG_20201212_074749.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 84
Shocks and springs are intended for certain models. There are about 10 permutations for the B7 model.
Petrol/diesel, Avant/saloon, quattro/2wd engine types etc. It's all about the load they can carry.
Eibach, for example, don't make Sportline springs for a quattro.

Lowering springs are also meant to be matched to uprated shocks.
Your standard S line shocks (?) will probably be worn out anyway.

Reactions: Charlie Farley
Thanks ,

I'm happy with the ride and the height.

Tein say the drop should be 25mm rear and 45mm front, this is FROM the s-line spring height not the SE height on a saloon.

On the Avant and the extra 80kg mass on the rear end this has worked out to 45mm all-round from the s-line height.

They've been on a couple of months and have settled as much as they're going to.

Just thought I'd post my experience with the teins if anyone is looking for the future.

If I need to change the shocks again I'll get the b8's as they are shorter, (I fitted brand new bilstein b4's all round along with all new shock mounts, when I swapped the springs) it was front shock failure that instigated the change

I had tein coilovers on my accord type r and rate them highly, I have heard of the teins on the b7 before but still to this day sounds weird putting teins on a German car lol