A4 Avant Black Edition ordered

I'd be the same. I've started looking at the Audi car transporters driving along the roads near the Port of Tyne looking to see if my car is on it :p

If you see a floret silver S4 avant with red calipers and privacy glass leaving then let me know! Haha.

Reactions: Rocksteve69
Might pop down later, get a sneak peek and drop off some documents for the plate transfer - I'm like a kid at Christmas
Take a few pictures and get them posted!!

Have agreed to take delivery on Tuesday morning - can't wait :D

Reactions: Rocksteve69 and SPIKE_
Have been tidying out the A6 in prep for New Car Day tomorrow morning - removing the bolted in dog-guard, all the other associated junk that gets carried around, and gave the A6 a quick wash and hoover for tomorrow. I hate handing back cars dirty, plus removed some bird poop etching from the paint

Made me realise what a lovely colour Daytona Grey actually is. I know it seems like every other S-Line Audi is in Daytona, but that's for a reason...the colour really pops in the sunshine.

Ibis White has a lot to live up to...

dsc_0058.jpg

dsc_0062.jpg

Folks, it is Tuesday today, all day. Give @phope74 a breather

Having said that, pics plz

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Brandon Williams and Daggerit
All went really well today - very happy with Dundee Audi and the customer service. Just really nice, relaxed and informal

Went in around 11am and was away by 12pm - went over all the finance paperwork, car delivery in the separate handover room, and the salesman (Shaun) spent time explaining various features of the MMI and car to my wife whilst I had a good look over the rest of the car

Car ended up getting blocked in the handover room by another salesman doing a demo of a Q2 to another customer, so a few words were mutttered by my salesman so we could get on our way, hahaha

First impressions?

• Build quality seems really good - no obvious creaks, rattles or anything
  • 1.4 petrol engine seems responsive enough and the S-Tronic works well. Sits just over 1800 rpm at 70mph
  • Set myself up with Audi Connect and it's all working fine. Downloaded the iPhone app, and even working on the Apple Watch, so at least the much heard about problems about activation seem to have not affected my registration
  • Technology Pack with Virtual Cockpit really is easy to use - spent a little time when I got home setting it all up, and combining it with the live traffic info/Google Earth graphics/Audi Connect data feeds
  • The suspension is the normal S-Line spec on the standard 245/35 19 inch wheels (albeit I understand this is now tuned to UK tastes than a bone-shaking Autobahn spec) - seems to to handle broken tarmac pretty well and certainly isn't harsh or uncomfortable
  • Tyres are Continental SportContact 6 on mine
  • Nice touch on the wheels - there is a laser marked Audi Sport logo on each wheel - hadn't seen these before on the few pics available so far
  • Piano Black trim looks classy, but will be a magnet for dust and finger prints
  • Half leather/Alcantara seats are brilliant - really good combo and very comfortable
  • Heated steering wheel is very nice - I really like the compact airbag design as well compared to the larger airbag on the old A6
Anyway, here's a few pics from today - tomorrow will be spent giving it a deep clean and wax :)

img_1145.jpg

img_1148.jpg

img_1149.jpg

img_1147.jpg

img_1164.jpg

img_1150.jpg

img_1153.jpg

img_1158.jpg

img_1159.jpg

img_1160.jpg

img_1161.jpg

img_1162.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Genji, jujitsuka, G.Atiga and 5 others
Oh man. This has kinda made me want to change my mind to white instead of black. Eeeek!

Someone needs to post their black Avant asap so I can compare the two!!!

Great pics. Let us know how the 1.4 engine gets on!

Also, did you spec something that changed the flat bottom steering wheel?

Last edited:
Reactions: Brandon Williams
Yes, wife specced the heated steering wheel

Reactions: A4AvantBlackEdition and Brandon Williams
All went really well today - very happy with Dundee Audi and the customer service. Just really nice, relaxed and informal

Went in around 11am and was away by 12pm - went over all the finance paperwork, car delivery in the separate handover room, and the salesman (Shaun) spent time explaining various features of the MMI and car to my wife whilst I had a good look over the rest of the car

Car ended up getting blocked in the handover room by another salesman doing a demo of a Q2 to another customer, so a few words were mutttered by my salesman so we could get on our way, hahaha

First impressions?

• Build quality seems really good - no obvious creaks, rattles or anything
  • 1.4 petrol engine seems responsive enough and the S-Tronic works well. Sits just over 1800 rpm at 70mph
  • Set myself up with Audi Connect and it's all working fine. Downloaded the iPhone app, and even working on the Apple Watch, so at least the much heard about problems about activation seem to have not affected my registration
  • Technology Pack with Virtual Cockpit really is easy to use - spent a little time when I got home setting it all up, and combining it with the live traffic info/Google Earth graphics/Audi Connect data feeds
  • The suspension is the normal S-Line spec on the standard 245/35 19 inch wheels (albeit I understand this is now tuned to UK tastes than a bone-shaking Autobahn spec) - seems to to handle broken tarmac pretty well and certainly isn't harsh or uncomfortable
  • Tyres are Continental SportContact 6 on mine
  • Nice touch on the wheels - there is a laser marked Audi Sport logo on each wheel - hadn't seen these before on the few pics available so far
  • Piano Black trim looks classy, but will be a magnet for dust and finger prints
  • Half leather/Alcantara seats are brilliant - really good combo and very comfortable
  • Heated steering wheel is very nice - I really like the compact airbag design as well compared to the larger airbag on the old A6
Anyway, here's a few pics from today - tomorrow will be spent giving it a deep clean and wax :)

img_1145.jpg

img_1148.jpg

img_1149.jpg

img_1147.jpg

img_1164.jpg

img_1150.jpg

img_1153.jpg

img_1158.jpg

img_1159.jpg

img_1160.jpg

img_1161.jpg

img_1162.png

Congrats buddy, looks really nice. And the "Audi Sports" on the alloys is :hubbahubba:

Congrats and pleased all went well with the handover. It certainly is a great looking car, and I see the dust is already settling on the PB bit of the centre console!

Enjoy it :sm4:

Congratulations! Beautiful car and thanks for the pics - similar spec to mine :)

This 4 month wait is going to drraaaggg :(

Well done mate! Awesome to finally see a white BE! I'm interested in how the 1.4 performs too. I feel like breaking into the port to get mine now.

Also I'd like to add so glad I went for the 19" wheels instead of changing them to the black 18" as I believe that they would look to smalll for the car. Shame the black wheels were 18" they should have had them in 19".

No cleaning today - torrential rain!

Reactions: V6_Man and Brandon Williams
Stopped where I live.

The first job is to dog-proof the boot, which is in course. In the A6, we put down a layer of sticky backed plastic onto the boot floor and sides, which prevents any dog hairs sticking in the carpet or a wet smelly dog from damaging the carpets - did the first portion last night. It's completely waterproof that way, and makes hoovering out a breeze, so it has always been the plan right from day one for the A4

The clear vinyl easily peels off leaving fresh undamaged carpet underneath. If the vinyl gets scratched or damaged, just peel it off and stick a new section on. The A6 boot looked like new when we handed it back yesterday.

Once I do the sides, I'll then stick the dog mats, etc back in which go on top of the vinyl

I've also got the genuine Audi load lip vinyl protector to fit on a dry day also

img_1166.jpg

The first job is to dog-proof the boot, which is in course. In the A6, we put down a layer of sticky backed plastic onto the boot floor and sides, which prevents any dog hairs sticking in the carpet or a wet smelly dog from damaging the carpets - did the first portion last night. It's completely waterproof that way, and makes hoovering out a breeze, so it has always been the plan right from day one for the A4

The clear vinyl easily peels off leaving fresh undamaged carpet underneath. If the vinyl gets scratched or damaged, just peel it off and stick a new section on. The A6 boot looked like new when we handed it back yesterday.

Once I do the sides, I'll then stick the dog mats, etc back in which go on top of the vinyl

I've also got the genuine Audi load lip vinyl protector to fit on a dry day also

img_1166.jpg

That looks like a great idea for transporting dogs. Where did you get the vinyl from as I was looking for some to stick on the back of the S4 seats to stop the little ones damaging them with their shoes, but can only seem to find really expensive stuff!

Reactions: V6_Man
I think my wife got a decent sized roll on eBay or Amazon for something like £15 - it is 2 ft wide by something like 15ft long

Reactions: Daggerit and V6_Man
That looks like a great idea for transporting dogs. Where did you get the vinyl from as I was looking for some to stick on the back of the S4 seats to stop the little ones damaging them with their shoes, but can only seem to find really expensive stuff!

Blimme @Daggerit, covering seats and some trim - brilliant. I have been thinking about doing something similar on my misses' A4 it is unfair to asking kids to be careful every time they sit in the car. Might use it on the panels etc as well.

Reactions: Daggerit
Found pic of black one with sunroof

Attachments

• AUDI.jpg
    AUDI.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 374
Reactions: Daggerit
Great weather today, so got a lot of jobs done for the new car. I'm really happy with the car now that I've had a good chance to look over it. Even just little things like the tinted rear lights, gloss black sideskirts and laser etched logos on the wheels make a little difference to the looks

Boot now fully dog proofed and the clear vinyl bumper protector fitted - so first time in the car for its most important passenger :)

img_1169.jpg

Car fully deep cleaned and waxed. Usual routine of contaminant remover on wheels and bodywork (Dodo Juice Ferrous Bueller), followed by a degrease/detar of all panels (Autosmart Tardis), followed by a snowfoam and handwash, cleaning all door shuts and engine bay also- as you can see the contaminant remover removed a lot of contaminants off of the car and wheels, turning purple as it does its thing

img_1179.jpg

img_1183.jpg

img_1185.jpg

Given that it's so new and white mostly hides any swirling, I didn't bother machine polishing the car. Quick prep of all panels with a pre-wax cleaner (Dodo Juice Lime Prime) and ended up putting two coats of wax on the car (Dodo Juice Supernatural), put some rain repellant on all exterior glass (Carlack Glass Sealant). Carpet mats treated with Scotch-Gard spray, Haven't put any wax/sealant on the wheels yet but the tyres were wiped with two coats of dressing

_dsc8836.jpg

_dsc8838.jpg

_dsc8839.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Redders81, Genji, AlnSaz and 4 others
Great weather today, so got a lot of jobs done for the new car. I'm really happy with the car now that I've had a good chance to look over it. Even just little things like the tinted rear lights, gloss black sideskirts and laser etched logos on the wheels make a little difference to the looks

Boot now fully dog proofed and the clear vinyl bumper protector fitted - so first time in the car for its most important passenger :)

img_1169.jpg

Car fully deep cleaned and waxed. Usual routine of contaminant remover on wheels and bodywork (Dodo Juice Ferrous Bueller), followed by a degrease/detar of all panels (Autosmart Tardis), followed by a snowfoam and handwash, cleaning all door shuts and engine bay also- as you can see the contaminant remover removed a lot of contaminants off of the car and wheels, turning purple as it does its thing

img_1179.jpg

img_1183.jpg

img_1185.jpg

Given that it's so new and white mostly hides any swirling, I didn't bother machine polishing the car. Quick prep of all panels with a pre-wax cleaner (Dodo Juice Lime Prime) and ended up putting two coats of wax on the car (Dodo Juice Supernatural), put some rain repellant on all exterior glass (Carlack Glass Sealant). Carpet mats treated with Scotch-Gard spray, Haven't put any wax/sealant on the wheels yet but the tyres were wiped with two coats of dressing

_dsc8836.jpg

_dsc8838.jpg

_dsc8839.jpg
That looks smart as f*ck.

I have to say every time I see white it looks more tempting, but all black is still my favourite so far (and the one I've ordered)

My plan for cleaning is similar to yours. Except mine pretty much involves two polish lads and a grit filled bucket in town.

Reactions: phope74

img_1169.jpg

img_1179.jpg

img_1183.jpg

img_1185.jpg

_dsc8836.jpg

_dsc8838.jpg

_dsc8839.jpg
Car is looking great. Your making me want to order an A4 Avant in Glacier white now!!

Wife has been asking about a dashcam for a while now after some anonymous a*sehole kindly put a dent in the wing of my Golf recently whilst parked up at Edinburgh

I decided to get one for the A4 but this time, set it up for recording whilst parked up. Stupidly, I'd not set the Golf up for recording whilst parked, and will need to get a battery monitor first to stop it draining

Halfords had a deal on yesterday in store that saw a Nextbase 412GW reduced from £129 to £103 http://www.halfords.com/technology/dash-cams/dash-cams/nextbase-dash-cam-412gw - good spec camera, and bought the proper hardwire kit as well for £20 which includes a battery monitoring function

1440p resolution as well at 30 frames per second, or 1080p at 60 frames per second, so the video quality is really good. Usual date/timestamps, speed recording and GPS locations are embedded in the videos. I would have preferred one without a screen, but the screen turns itself off after ten seconds so it is not distracting whilst driving

Took 10 minutes to fit the hardwire kit using a fuse tap to a permanent live output with cables all hidden under panels, a-pillar and roof trim

img_1201.jpg

img_1203.jpg

img_1206.jpg

Reactions: AlnSaz
Last purchase for a while :grinning:

OBDeleven Pro - my old VCDS cable didn't work the MLB Evo platform cars, so thought I would give this a go with a cheap Android tablet with the further benefit that it is fully compatible with my Golf GTD as well

Now to work out what coding changes I would like made - I prefer having the audible chirp for locking the car, want to turn off the chime for when the drivers door is open, and would like to be able to use the remote to close the boot

img_1210.jpg

garage.png

a4controllers.png

phope74 you were so lucky getting yours - i was assured a sept 1st delivery by dealer, mine is now expected mid to end of October!! I placed ordered in May two days after it was launched. So frustrated, as I have no car from 31 Aug and don't want to pay to hire one. Does anyone know where I stand on cancelling the order and getting my deposit back, as I might just reorder via a new dealers, with the £2K depo contribution they're offering and change spec anyhow. You see, the dealer is saying they won't loan me a car in the interim either. Grrrrrrr

Is it a lease you are on at the moment? If so, can they not do a temporary extension of the lease terms for a couple of months?

Yeah, it is lease but on mileage allowance and will need 3 new 19" tyres at £280 a pop in coming weeks - so want to get rid of it and save ££.

img_1169.jpg

img_1179.jpg

img_1183.jpg

img_1185.jpg

_dsc8836.jpg

_dsc8838.jpg

_dsc8839.jpg
That looks stunning