A4/A5 2.0 Turbo (225Hp) views?

S

Simonb1975

Does anyone here have the A4/A5 2.0T (225Hp). I will sometime be test driving one in sportback guise.
The current toss up is between that and the 2.0 diesel.
Coming from a focus St I would naturally prefer petrol but would like some views on the 225
thanks

I have the 2.0T petrol 211Hp Automatic.
Most people consider the diesel for the fuel economy. On a run if my petrol gets 35 mpg, I would expect the diesel to get 55 mpg.
My 2.0 petrol A5 uses a much fuel as a 4.0litre V-8 Audi A8 diesel.
What sort of views were you looking for?

Economy isn't really an issue here. I'm more after views on the performance. There's plenty of diesels to test drive but finding the 225's is a little more problematic.

Have you not thought of getting a 3.0 tdi , 0-60 in 6.1s as standard and 40+mpg .

Reactions: V6 Quatt and scotty76
I'd have the 2.0 TSI (225PS) over the 3.0 TDI. A great balance between performance and economy in the new 225PS engines as they state a combined of 42MPG.

The reason why you've not had many responses is that the 225PS 2.0TSI has only been around since the B8.5 facelift came out and even then some of them the earlier cars still had the 211PS engine.

I looked into them a bit myself and wondered whether a remap would see a decent increase up to 300PS hopefully :D but I found that nobody has released a map for the engine its that rare. Revo don't have any software for it at all which I thought was strange to say its been out 2 years+.

Great. As for diesels, I have considered the 3.0 but the mileage just isn't there for me. I'd be constantly thinking about the dpf etc.

The mid-range on the 211 and 225 will be very similar, since the maximum torque (350Nm) is the same.

I've got the 225 and has to be said its a beautiful drive. Love the mid range torque and it drives very similar to my S3 that I had!

Phil