A4 2.0 Tdi S Line

wazz

Reaction score
Hi,

I have introduced myself earlier on in the year when I was looking for a Quattro. Ended up buying another Accord Type R.

Thats now sold and just purchased an

Audi A4 2.0TDi s Line in black.

The car came with FSH but it was'nt clear if the belts had been done so to be on the safe side I had the belts, tensioner and water pump fitted. The airbag light was on and a bad connection was the culprit. Thats now sorted as well as a new fog light bulb.

Seems to be in good condition apart from a couple of things.

Needs a new clip for the front armrest.
The gearknob is a bit rough (previous owners wedding ring)
Finally a slight vibration from the engine at idle every few seconds and sometimes a very slight judder when taking off in first.

Not fussed about the first two as they will be sorted in time. What do you guys think about the vibration.

Having done some searches it might be the EGR valve needing cleaned, new fuel filter. The car is booked in for a new fuel filter on Monday and Forte engine treatment.

Thanks for looking.

Just had the diesel filter replaced and Forte engine treatment. The problem still seems to be there.

Hi Wazz,

Nice car the Honda ATR. I know someone with a turbo'd type R pushing 450 bhp through the front wheels on pistonheads.

If mine and many others on this forum complaint is the same as your 'idle shake/judder/misfire/vibration, then I'm afraid that's the Achilles heel of this car. Its something you have to live with. It vibrates slightly on idle no matter what you try to do with the car. Very annoying and rather embarrassing when you've got passengers admiring your new ride.

However, if yours is more pronounced or a different sort of judder then it could be EGR valve or DMF (if yours is a manual) thats on its way out. Does it stop or reduce when you put the clutch in? Does it sound loud and clattery?

I cant really help with the last point about when moving off. Perhaps get your ECU read for any fault codes. That could help!

Might the turbo ATR owner be Jay?

Sounds to me like I have the same vibration/misfire at idle as everybody else.

Need to check if it is still does it with the clutch in.

Diagnstics done on the car with only fault being for the airbag which has now been sorted.

Hi all first post on here.

I have had my06 A4 sline for 8 weeks and had the same issue, ie ruff/vibration idle every few seconds,didn't notice it on the test drive when i bought it,but when i collected it and drove it for a few days i noticed this,never had a problem like this with the previous 20 cars i had(yh i know it's a lot in 20yrs of driving but thats me and only 37 lol), however i booked it back in to the garage i got it from,they checked ERG,DMF/FUEL/FUEL FILTERS etc etc and it made no difference,they then sent it to the main dealers for plug in diagnostics which came up with no faults,however they checked injectors etc all ok,but they did recognise the problem which was good.For some reason the contacted Audi germany (fck knows why,or our techs not that clever),and they suggested checking the timing,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,BINGO it was slightly out,this all adjusted and problem solved.Hope yours is this simple...

cheers kev.

I picked up the car from the auction like this and felt the vibration immediately.

I took it to my mechanic and we decided to do a timing belt kit as the car had full history but there was nothing in writing to say the timing belt had been done.

The car came out the same after the new kit.

Could the timing still be out?