A4 2.0 tdi s-line, hard to start

audi_s-line

Reaction score
Hi all, please be gentle with me as this is my first time..... I have a 2005 55 reg 2.0 tdi s-line est which is a fantastic car, but it is now getting hard to start ( turns over and over before firing ) and them when it does start it puffs out a massive cloud of smoke... it also has a bit of a misfire whilst driving.. I am not sure if it has had the injector recall done that I have read about as don't know where you can check ? Thank you in advance foe any help with this as I don't want to put it in the Audi garage to end up with a massive bill...
cheers

Someone's maybe had **** fuel in it in the past (red diesel) you probably need to have something cleaned out, can't remember what it is but someone on here will know, and when you next take her out, give it a good old blast on a straight road to for e out all that **** that's probably clogged up in the pipes :) I tend to give mine a thrashing every month to clean them out abit

Fuel filter would be the 1st point of call for me, but ringing audi for the injector recall check is a good start, if its not due then a diesel purge maybe a consideration, it will need diagnosing properly with say vcds to check the readings for injectors.

I assume theres an in tank electric pump that feeds the high pressure pump, if so maybe worth a look see?

Hello, i have recently had the same problem with my 2007 a4, went away for the weekend and left car at airport carpark, 4 days later i came back and car took ages to start.
I checked with audi if the injectors had been replaced and apparently all 4 have been done and the fuel filter was only changed last month, any ideas on what else this could be? Thanks