A4 2.0 tdi Avant

Steve B5 Biker

Reaction score
Hi guys possibly returning to a 2013 A4 Avant tdi 140..after 3 years of driving a Mk5 golf gti and was wondering what the 140 Bhp tdi is like for power... as I'm really torn as to whether i can adapt to the power drop. Currently running @230bhp..
Any advice greatfully taken on board ..
Steve..

Have had a 2.0 tdi as a loan car when I left my gti mk7 pp in. Well I was not amused at all. Cant remember what bhp it was, but I was never a derv fan anyways. Sorry to all those derv drivers out there. No offense.

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

A 40% drop in power in a car that is bigger and heavier.

I’m sure you wont notice a thing...

Reactions: MuPPeT_ON_TouR and DickoB8
We've got a 140 Avant mapped to 180. It was fine at 140 but it's a lot better now it's 180.

Your going to notice the difference in power. It is what it is, if you want to be flying about you need 200bhp plus but if your pottering about round town and crusing on the motorway 140 is fine.

Let's face it, traffic is rubbish nowadays a 1.0 non turbo car would struggle be opened up in today's traffic.

Sent from my moto e5 plus using Tapatalk

I’ve just come from Impreza Sti to an A4 Avant Tdi....
Was only interested in 177bhp as anything else would be too slow. Happy enough (not really) with the power drop but still will get it mapped ASAP. Personally I’d look for the higher bhp as I’d say the 140 would probably be too much of a drop.

I went from a 8l s3 with approx 250bhp to B8 a4 2.0tdi (120bhp!!)...that was a shock to the system. Now with the car remapped (approx 178bhp) it actually feels nipper in and about london roads but obviously nowehere near as quick on the motorways. Does me fine for 70% of the time. I guess it depends on where you do most of your driving.
HTH's