A4 1.9tdi 110 , injector upgrade advice please.

craigg9700

Reaction score
If i was to drop a set of 2.5tdi ( 0.216) injectors into my 1.9tdi (0.205 current) would the car run ok ?

Or would the ECU need to be re-mapped ?

Think an adjustment in Vagcom is needed as they`re a bit smokey if you dont adjust something so people have said. Runs alright though apart from that.

If you went through with it i`d have a buyer for your standard injectors anyway lol

Thanks jason, ii'm gunna ask a few more questions with a mate on this one then. I'll hit you up if i decide to upgrade.

cheers

Let me know how you get on, think .216 nozzles will be next on my to do list

Sent from my U20i using Tapatalk

I'm probably the guy Jason's talking about :)

T4 Injector nozzles on 110 - SEAT Cupra.net - SEAT Forum

The injectors go straight on the only change the 110's need is an adjustment via vagcom to help the idle (think it'll run without the adjustment but idle is helped by that adjustment)

Injectors on the 90 if you fit the .216's is a different story and a bit of a pain apparently - Only know this as I was looking at .216's for my 90 but decided it needed too many supporting mods and I've got my Skyline to waste money on instead :)

You need to do the "hammer mod" wich involves moving the top part of the pump so it injects less fuel at iddle, very easy to mess up and you need full vagcom to see the IQ at iddle. I would not do the adjustment in Vag com as the mechanical adjustment is more precise and lets the pump have more control of the pump advance.

I'm wanting to do this to mine, is it just the .216 nozzles you need or the whole injector?

Also does anyone know anyone that would do it for me? Don't have access to vagcom.

I'm based in North Yorkshire.

You need just the nozzles but they need to be tested and adjusted for pop pressures then you need someone handy to do the hammer mod. If you ever drive down south to London then i could do it for you...

Cheers for the offer, not been down to London in 5 years though so can't say I go often, is the hammer mod simply to stop the car smoking?

Need to find a decent diesel tuning company that know what they are doing and have done this sort of thing before, or if anyone on here is fairly local to me and knows what they are doing(can't stress that enough) then I'll gladly pay someone off here to fit them and adjust them etc.