A3 Tdi - ARB bushes

I presume fronts will need to have sumbframe lowered and then realigned??

The Slug said:
I presume fronts will need to have sumbframe lowered and then realigned??

i fooking hope not ! you can see them when wheel is off.

i was thinking

1. remove wheel
2. Take off drop links so no tension on ARB
3. take out rubbers - looks fiddly
4. put in new rubbers etc.

anyone had to do this?

alignment isnt always required, assumimg everything is already aligned marking the position of the current ARB will allow you to re-install the new in the same position. Mine was replaced yesterday & this was the method used seems to be fine & no problems as yet.

mattyboy199 said:
alignment isnt always required, assumimg everything is already aligned marking the position of the current ARB will allow you to re-install the new in the same position. Mine was replaced yesterday & this was the method used seems to be fine & no problems as yet.

I'm only replacing the bushes - surely this can be done without all that **** on?

:confused:

Definatly need to drop the subframe. I had it done on my Golf - rather than do it myself cos it is hassle. It does make a big difference though.

Mark

Swollocks !!!! To change just the arb bushes then can be done insitu, i have done them on my S3 and on an A3 and although fiddly the subframe does NOT have to be dropped.

Raasta said:
Swollocks !!!! To change just the arb bushes then can be done insitu, i have done them on my S3 and on an A3 and although fiddly the subframe does NOT have to be dropped.

thats what i thought. Fiddly but manageable :beerchug: