A3 Sat Nav Update?

Datastorm

Reaction score
Hi All,

Been away for a little while, with a Mk7 Golf taking up my time, but I'm getting the itch badly for another A3.

Quick question, since I've been gone the sat nav units appear to of changed in the new models (my previous car was an '09 with an RNS-E unit). I see the new units pop-up through the dash, very smart.

I've had a quick look around on the Internet, but I couldn't see any update discs/cards for them available through the normal channels. Are they user updatable, or is this a main stealer only activity?

Any advice is greatly received.

It depends on what you have specked. I have tech pack high. So I can download the latest maps from "my Audi" for free but I think if you have the "SD" Sat Nav you have to buy the latest version.

I didn't realise there were 2 models to choose from. Assume thats one of the differences between the HDD & SD versions then?

All in the brochure.......
Agreed! Have a good read through the brochure and then pop back here afterwards to ask any follow up questions. The biggest change to the A3 between the 8P and the 8V was the in car tech, particularly the sat nav / tech pack - so its worth reading up on the options first.

Note: SD Nav can only be activated by main dealers, and map updates are around £150 each. Dodgy / 2nd hand SD map cards found online won't work and can't be activated (or not yet at least).

Tech pack comes with higher res screen, sat nav with 3D mapping and touch pad input, plus a number of free map updates for a number of years. But it does cost £1500....

Reactions: Jassyo06
Agreed! Have a good read through the brochure and then pop back here afterwards to ask any follow up questions. The biggest change to the A3 between the 8P and the 8V was the in car tech, particularly the sat nav / tech pack - so its worth reading up on the options first.

Note: SD Nav can only be activated by main dealers, and map updates are around £150 each. Dodgy / 2nd hand SD map cards found online won't work and can't be activated (or not yet at least).

Tech pack comes with higher res screen, sat nav with 3D mapping and touch pad input, plus a number of free map updates for a number of years. But it does cost £1500....

Perfect, exactly what I was after, thank you.