A3 Saloon Wheel powder coating

zooankski

Reaction score
Just had my wheels done at Wheel Genie in Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire.
I have to say that i am very impressed with the finish and i much prefer it to the crappy diamond cut originals.
Full refurb carried out following this process -

For this process we remove the tyre, valve and any weights and the wheel is fully chemically stripped of its old finish.

Next the wheel goes into our shot blasting cabinet to remove any corrosion and pitting in the surface; this also highlights any imperfections which can then be dressed and filled (dents, deep scratches and kerb damage). Please be aware that we do not repair wheels that have been seriously damaged (eg bent, cracked, buckled or badly dented) as this will affect the wheel's structural integrity and it should be replaced.

The wheel is now powder coated and cured at around 200°C. After cooling, the wheel will have any special paint effect added at this point (Hi Power silver etc) depending on what you have chosen. Last but not least the wheel now receives a coat of crystal clear powder coat lacquer to enhance and protect the finish, and again it is cured at high temperature.

The wheel is then fully inspected before being returned to you, or the tyre is refitted and fitted back to the vehicle, depending on what type of service you have chosen.

Total came in at £350 for the 4 based on a standard 1 day turn around and in a standard silver that i picked.
I have just emailed them and asked if they would consider a small discount for forum members so we will see on that one!

IMG 0379

I cannot recommend these guys enough so thought i would share :)

Reactions: Wondering Soul