A3 Hidden Features

SillyGoose

Hi, I was wondering if any of you were able to find any hidden features for the new A3 model. I did some research online and on the previous A3 model (8V) you could program the right mirror to tilt downwards when in reverse and also lock the car from the outside by holding the little indentation on the outside door handle.

I tried both of these features on the new model and they don't work. Have you found any hidden features?

Hi, I was wondering if any of you were able to find any hidden features for the new A3 model. I did some research online and on the previous A3 model (8V) you could program the right mirror to tilt downwards when in reverse and also lock the car from the outside by holding the little indentation on the outside door handle.

I tried both of these features on the new model and they don't work. Have you found any hidden features?

The passenger mirror will dip if you have the switch turned to the left mirror when you put it in reverse (UK Spec obviously) - The indent on the handle only works if you have the Advanced Key (Full keyless entry)

SillyGoose

The passenger mirror will dip if you have the switch turned to the left mirror when you put it in reverse (UK Spec obviously) - The indent on the handle only works if you have the Advanced Key (Full keyless entry)
Oh, I see. I will try that. Thanks

Nothingdoing079

Yep, the passenger mirror dipping works on my A3 when you turn it to the left mirror which is helpful with reversing.

The advanced key I think is only a feature for the S3, as didn't have the option to spec that when looking at the A3. Apparently neither was the option to get keyless entry via the myAudi app (which I'm not sure about as have seen some people have it)

Yep, the passenger mirror dipping works on my A3 when you turn it to the left mirror which is helpful with reversing.

The advanced key I think is only a feature for the S3, as didn't have the option to spec that when looking at the A3. Apparently neither was the option to get keyless entry via the myAudi app (which I'm not sure about as have seen some people have it)

Edition 1 can spec it as well as S3 - Vorsprung has it as standard - Strange not available on at least s-line and let's face it all the handles have the indent so how difficult is it really

S15THM

Navarra S3 Saloon
On my S3, the interior lights are touch sensitive as well as being operable by the button

Edition 1 can spec it as well as S3 - Vorsprung has it as standard - Strange not available on at least s-line and let's face it all the handles have the indent so how difficult is it really
Audi seem to restrict certain options to higher trims as a way of increasing profit. I had to upgrade from Sport to S-Line to get a particular combination of options that I couldn’t get on the Sport.

S15THM

Navarra S3 Saloon

S15THM

Navarra S3 Saloon
They're actually even better than touch! you don't need to touch them, just hold your finger close to them - someone showed me by accident lol :)
Yeah I noticed that earlier as I was sat in the car as I typed it. Didn’t know you could dim them though?

Moots

Does anyone know if it’s possible to get into the engineering menu like you can on the 8V? I’ve not found anything yet but only had a quick google.

Ludus

Does anyone know if it’s possible to get into the engineering menu like you can on the 8V? I’ve not found anything yet but only had a quick google.

I've heard of someone doing it before, it involved holding multiple icons at the same time, I don't remember exactly which ones though :blink:

S15THM

Navarra S3 Saloon
Not a hidden feature but while messing around tonight I managed to get my S3 to read ‘adaptive cruise control selected’ - it doesn’t have ACC fitted though.

pressed the LIM button on the cruise stalk twice and then pulled the lever towards me. Doesn’t actually do anything though obviously, must be software glitch

SillyGoose

Not a hidden feature but while messing around tonight I managed to get my S3 to read ‘adaptive cruise control selected’ - it doesn’t have ACC fitted though.

pressed the LIM button on the cruise stalk twice and then pulled the lever towards me. Doesn’t actually do anything though obviously, must be software glitch

Yup, I discovered that one as well by mistake and for a moment I was happy because I though my car had it xD

S3 TRS

How would you go about resetting the MMI?
There are no physical buttons to hold to reset, not even the volume button as it’s touch?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nothingdoing079

How would you go about resetting the MMI?
There are no physical buttons to hold to reset, not even the volume button as it’s touch?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To reset the MMI I believe you do the following

1) Having the ignition on press the actual round volume button for 20 seconds until you see the MMI restarts.
2) If you don't have an actual volume button, and you only have the one on the steering wheel, then press and hold the on/off button for the actual MMI for 20 seconds until you see it restarting, with the ignition on.
3) Open the driver's door for 20 seconds with the ignition off.

That's what I got from Audi services

I’ve had my S-Line for a few weeks now. Here’s what I’ve found so far:
  1. When I refuelled (for the first time) tonight, the car asked if I wanted to reset the trip counter.
  2. When leaving the car, the radio / media player stays on until you open the drivers door.
  3. I have the automatic with the driver assistance pack: even if the ACC is off, when I lift my foot off the accelerator on approach to a junction/roundabout, the car automatically slows to about the right speed to take the junction (using regen). Similarly, if I lift off the accelerator when approaching the rear of slower car, the the A3 automatically adjusts its speed to that of the car ahead.
  4. When switching to main beam, the matrix lights open like a pair of stage curtains. And when switching the main beam off, they close in a similar manner.
  5. If I leave the car whilst a Bluetooth connected media player is playing, then it resumes when I next return to the car.

Last edited: