A3 8V Passenger wing mirror not folding

LiquidHawk

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm writing because my 2014 Audi A3 8V suddenly stopped folding the passenger side wing mirror.

I searched the forum and found some similar posts but I didn't see anyone who has posted a solution or the cause of the problem.
Anyways, the mirror motor always worked perfectly until some time ago while in the parking lot, I noticed that only the driver door folded when I locked the car.
I tried moving the passenger mirror by hand to the closed position and trying the sequence to unfold, but it moves freely by hand until I manually move it back to the open position where it "pops in" and stays there.

After this, I had a few situations where it was intermittent and worked a couple of times, but for the last couple of months, I haven't seen it work at all.
Note that everything else on that door and mirror works perfectly e.g. electronically moving the mirror, heating mirror, indicator...Only mirror folding is the problem.

I scanned the car with OBD11 and I get 6 faults for the passenger door and they are the following:
Viber image 2023 04 03 21 09 14 043
Viber image 2023 04 03 21 09 13 961
Viber image 2023 04 03 21 09 13 902
Viber image 2023 04 03 21 09 13 867
Viber image 2023 04 03 21 09 13 814
Viber image 2023 04 03 21 09 13 782
Viber image 2023 04 03 21 09 13 734

Has anyone had similar faults with this and what should I check?

Just to check the wiring or just go and check the motor?
Is there any way I could measure the voltage going to the motor when I remove the door panel so I don't have to remove the mirror glass and cap to measure directly at the motor?
I have had a bad experience with removing the mirror glass as I have broken a few before :wink: so I want to avoid it if completely necessary.

Thanks, everyone in advance for any help or suggestion.

Best regards

Not that it's common on 8V but check the door hinge rubber for broken wires.

I wonder if it's been hit & broken the internal cog wheel for the motor.

You'd need to remove the glass, I always spray white grease on the mirror backplate before refitting clients mirror glass, helps hugely to fit & remove.

I have the same fault with the passenger mirror. Did you manage to fix the problem?

Hello,

I'm writing because my 2014 Audi A3 8V suddenly stopped folding the passenger side wing mirror.

I searched the forum and found some similar posts but I didn't see anyone who has posted a solution or the cause of the problem.
Anyways, the mirror motor always worked perfectly until some time ago while in the parking lot, I noticed that only the driver door folded when I locked the car.
I tried moving the passenger mirror by hand to the closed position and trying the sequence to unfold, but it moves freely by hand until I manually move it back to the open position where it "pops in" and stays there.

After this, I had a few situations where it was intermittent and worked a couple of times, but for the last couple of months, I haven't seen it work at all.
Note that everything else on that door and mirror works perfectly e.g. electronically moving the mirror, heating mirror, indicator...Only mirror folding is the problem.

I scanned the car with OBD11 and I get 6 faults for the passenger door and they are the following:
View attachment 265939View attachment 265940View attachment 265941View attachment 265942View attachment 265943View attachment 265944View attachment 265945

Has anyone had similar faults with this and what should I check?

Just to check the wiring or just go and check the motor?
Is there any way I could measure the voltage going to the motor when I remove the door panel so I don't have to remove the mirror glass and cap to measure directly at the motor?
I have had a bad experience with removing the mirror glass as I have broken a few before :wink: so I want to avoid it if completely necessary.

Thanks, everyone in advance for any help or suggestion.

Best regards
Did you ever fix your power mirror fault as I have exact same fault?