a3 8v dpf removal

silver bullet1

Reaction score
morning all I'm here from a s3 8l to a 8v tdi 150 dSg..
have to say loving the new car but would want the dpf removed.my question is that is there a known decat/brand that what everyone here goes for on our forum or is it a custom fabrication..I got a pipewerx downpipe and decat on the s3 8l was wondering if there something similar for the new 8v..Silva bullet

you know its an MOT failure to remove the dpf? Also if you get caught out on road its a large fine.

Reactions: KenL and Ormesome
Mot failure instantly and you won’t get away with it. I hardly see any black smoke from diesels these days, as soon as that dpf is out then you will stand out.

Reactions: KenL
Not legal , most are blind side welded , some lower ones have huge engine covers covering them .

Proper mapping and will blow below the vin plate manufacturers coefficient smoke opacity value .

thanks for the replies khufu,gazwould,ormesome,johnm100..will take your opinions seriously..yes I know it's mot fail but would be good to destrict the car on private road pulls..I might have to go down getting 1 made if non are available of the shelf..many thanks silva bullet

I don't get it, if you really think removing the dpf is the way forward you bought the wrong car.
Should have bought a more appropriate one for your needs.

Reactions: KenL, JohnM100, Phutters and 1 other person
thank you all for your 2 pence hugely appreciated..might be wrong to take dpf off but I do have a s3 8l stage 2 275 brake just feel coming from that,can tell the muffled dpf is doing its job and freeing the turbo to spool up quicker can't be a too bad a thing..nothing wrong with car choice I made just trying to make the car more responsive..anyways updates soon to follow..