a3 8p cruise control coding Problem

Favraud

Reaction score
Hello guys,
I just finish installing my turn signal switch and cruise control on my 2005 Audi A3 S line Sportback 3.2 V6. My turn signal switch is a type 1 Ref. 8P0 953 513 B my previous switch was a type 1 as well, my cars steering wheel control module is a 1K0 953 549 AF which is a Midline variant, I've done the coding. I started with the engine so [01 – Engine] [Login – 11] Enter 11463 to activate cruise control. The engine coding was accepted. Then i coded the Steering Wheel module so [16 – Steering Wheel] [7 - Coding] [00xxx?x] I change the number before the last digit from a 1 to a 4. The Steering Wheel module accepted the coding.
I did all the coding with the ignition on engine not running, I check if the coding on the Steering Wheel module had register it had change from 1 to 4. Clear all the Malfunction with the auto-scan.
But when i went for a test drive nothing happens when i use the cruise control no activation light in the dash.
So i try again. Nohing happens. So i try again coding with the engine running and without Clearing the Malfunction with the auto-scan. Nothing again.
The only thing i did not do is use the Long Coding Helper to activate Bit 5 on Byte 5 ( and Replace 0 with 1 on third digit of Binary ).
I don't know how to access the Long Coding Helper.
I'm using VCDS Release 21.9.0

Thank you for your time guys

Hi today i check the cruise control stalk using the measuring blocks. So measuring block group 066 on the engine control module, when the cruise control is activated the measuring block register the input, when accelerating, decelerating and pressing the set bouton the measuring block register the input. After i check the measuring block group 004 on the Steering Wheel control module same here when the cruise control is activated the measuring block register the input. I even check if the cruise control light on instrument cluster was working so did a instrument cluster lights test the cruise control light works fine.
I deactivated the cruise control on the engine control module and recoded the Steering Wheel module to is't original state, cycle the ignition off and on and redid the all coding procedure.
I don't understand why it wont work.
Maybe it's my vcds dongle not working correctly i bought it on aliExpress for 30 euros.

You might need a Highline module.
Not sure though.
I had a midline but fitted MFSW as well with cruise control so installed a Highline module.

Here says that even some midline modules don’t support cruise control. Although the one you have doesn’t have this note.

Maybe somebody else can help.

Hi, I’m in the Sheffield area and looking to retrofit the module myself. I need someone to code it for me - do you know of anyone that can help?

You might need a Highline module.
Not sure though.
I had a midline but fitted MFSW as well with cruise control so installed a Highline module.

Here says that even some midline modules don’t support cruise control. Although the one you have doesn’t have this note.

Maybe somebody else can help.
Yeah It's the midline module not supporting cruise control.
Thanks

Reactions: George Kost
I think on some of the earlier A3's you need to run a wire from the cruise control stalk to the ecu.

This is the wire - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/371244443299
Yeah i check, i got the wire. Cars from before november 2005 don't have the wire if i remember correctly. My problem was the midline module not supporting cruise control some midline module work some don't. The info on which steering wheel control module work is not very clear.

Thanks