A3 8p climate control delay starting

Gazafisky

Reaction score
Hi, I’m the summer my climate control/blower stopped working. Audi A3 8p 5 door tdi 58 plate

All the lights were on but nothing happened. I replayed the fan and resistor (new part from ECP) behind the glove box and it worked.... next time I started the car there was a delay of a few minutes. Every time the car is cold there is a delay of a few minutes. But the blower starts first time of car is warm. A real pain on cold winter mornings.... I’ve checked the wiring.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

If the Auto button is on, it will not start the fan until the coolant circulating the heater matrix is up to temperature. To override, press the fan + button and the fan should start running, each press of the fan + button will step up the fan speed.

At least that’s how mine works.

If the Auto button is on, it will not start the fan until the coolant circulating the heater matrix is up to temperature. To override, press the fan + button and the fan should start running, each press of the fan + button will step up the fan speed.

At least that’s how mine works.

I’ve tried playing with the settings... nothing. 1/2 mile down the road and the fans kick in

Thank you though