A3 1.6 FSI Petrol 2006 - dual or solid mass flywheel?

smillward

Reaction score
Hi

Been having symptoms of what sounds like dmf problems but when spoken to my local garage he seemed to think it was unlikely my car has a dmf as it is petrol, although he is going to check it out next week. Also I cannot seem to find any dmf available when searching several car parts online.... maybe it doesn't have a dmf? Cannot find an answer after a while searching online so wondered if anyone here may know for sure? Thanks

Thanks for that, great to get a definite answer. I guess I should be pleased :)

I am hearing rattle type sounds at idle but disappears when clutch pedal pressed, also hear it at low revs mainly in 1st/2nd gear especially as I am slowing down to a stop or crawling in traffic. If anyone has any thoughts as to what it could be?

Sounds similar to when my clutch was going.

Sounds like the bearing in the clutch going. When you press the clutch pedal its under pressure so stops the rattling...

Well its booked in for investigation next week, any ideas how costly it might be if it needs new clutch? I am hoping a lot less than if it was also a dmf! .....

Probably around £120 for a clutch kit and then whatever the labour costs are on top...

Mine was £430 inc vat and fitting

what is the part number for the clutch & flywheel? sorry I am unable to find it here. mines A3 2006 1.6l petrol engine BSE.
L A 06 Z D P.

Tia

what is the part number for the clutch & flywheel? sorry I am unable to find it here. mines A3 2006 1.6l petrol engine BSE.
L A 06 Z D P.

Tia

Hi Tia.

There is no Dual Mass Flywheel fitted to your vehicle so all you would need to change is the Clutch.
Euro Car Parts number for the kit is 641441780.

Hope this helps.

Aaron