A3 1.4 TFSI GEARBOX ISSUES

X2UHH

Reaction score
Hi guys

has anyone else ever had the issue when after driving for quite some time there is a clanking noise from the gearbox when going from 1st to second esp and very low speeds? Car drives perfectly before that but when slowing down after driving for a while at 60mph+ it starts to make a loud Metal clanking noise when taking off from 1st to 2nd. All other gears are perfectly fine. Also in slow moving traffic the car shakes like crazy and when going over humps in the road you can hear a metal sound as if there is metal moving about under the car.

Hi guys

has anyone else ever had the issue when after driving for quite some time there is a clanking noise from the gearbox when going from 1st to second esp and very low speeds? Car drives perfectly before that but when slowing down after driving for a while at 60mph+ it starts to make a loud Metal clanking noise when taking off from 1st to 2nd. All other gears are perfectly fine. Also in slow moving traffic the car shakes like crazy and when going over humps in the road you can hear a metal sound as if there is metal moving about under the car.
I seem to have the same issue some noise from my gearbox when changing gears but only sometimes

Same with mine Tbf only happens after Driving for some time. Asked around a few garages and dealerships and no one really seems to know what the issue may be.