A1 35 TFSI Kangarooing / Pre-Sense Issues

fdsre

Reaction score
Hi all, this is my first post here. I picked up my new A1 sportsback 35 TFSI (automatic) a few weeks back and noticed two annoying issues:
  1. Speeding up between 18/20ish to 25mph, it kangaroos a bit... I thought it was me getting used to it but there’s only so much doubting my driving abilities before I start thinking it’s the car. Anyone else experienced the same thing?
  2. The pre-sense system seems to go off at some random times. Is this normal?
Any insight is welcome :) Thanks

Set the presence to late, it will retain that setting. If you set it to off then it'll just come back on again next time you start the car.
A few are complaining about presence but I just think they need to allow themselves to adjust to it...

Hi all, this is my first post here. I picked up my new A1 sportsback 35 TFSI (automatic) a few weeks back and noticed two annoying issues:
  1. Speeding up between 18/20ish to 25mph, it kangaroos a bit... I thought it was me getting used to it but there’s only so much doubting my driving abilities before I start thinking it’s the car. Anyone else experienced the same thing?
  2. The pre-sense system seems to go off at some random times. Is this normal?
Any insight is welcome :) Thanks

Hi, I have the 35tfsi ( manual) so not had the kangaroo effect, (luckily) but lots of complaint on the t-roc and Skoda forums especially about the manual, but a few about the DSG. I find that I have to rev it quite hard to pull away from a standstill, it doesn't seem to have a lot of lowdown torque, once it picks up it goes really well.
https://www.trocforums.co.uk/

I don’t have an A1 but an A3 and I have presence set to late, it does bong occasionally.

It’s a kicked in once on a country road, nothing in front of me and not behind thankfully.

Bushes / hedges either side on a sunny day on a shadowing road from time to time, was doing maybe 25 to 30mph and then BONG the ****** thing kicked in and nearly put my through the window!

You can turn it off totally if you want but I just think to myself if I turned it off and run up the **** end of someone I’d be kicking myself for not having it on.

Thanks for your helps guys, that definitely helped by changing the settings of the pre-sense. On the kangarooing front, I've booked the car into Audi to get it explored further... let's see.

Hi, How did you get on about the kangaroo problem. You can turn off the presence but it resets every time you start up, better to set it to late.

Hi, sorry for the delay in posting - only just heard back from the dealership. In short, while it was a completely new issue for the servicing team locally, the low speed kangarooing is a known issue centrally at Audi. A software update is being worked on but it's still 'several weeks out'. In the meantime, the A1 owners now join the Q2 owner's club and every other VW Group car with the 35 TFSI engine and suffer until the software update is ready...

VW have been telling the T-Roc owners that a software update will be coming for about a year now so don't hold your breath.