A little help please :)

andrewrobert87

Reaction score
Hey guys,

To cut to the chase, Ive been looking at an 04 Audi A3 2.0 TDi 140 and i just have a few questions to the audi owners here :)

Ive read up on the oil pump problem - does the BKD a3 engine have this issue?
Also read up on the pourus head / coolent leak problem - is this a VERY big deal (new engine etc) or does it just mean topping up the coolent now and again?

One more, I do a 60 mile commute with 90% of it on a motorway, wats the avarage MPg with the 140 TDi?

Thanks for your help in advance guys :)

Havent experienced any problems with the pump....yet! but my '07 140 has started to consume a bit of coolant, the low level light comes on I'd say every 400-500 miles......

as for mpg, I've had mine remapped and I get if driving sensibly, average consumption figure in the 50's and over 500 miles to a tank, When I had skinnier winter tyres I was getting high 50's and 550 out of a tank.

Thanks for the quick reply!! what happens when the light comes on then? just top it up or will it cause the head the fail?

The MPg is realy apealing! Im running a much loved clio 182 at the moment and the mpg on the motorway run is about 35 - 40. i get about 100 miles to 10 pound of 99 ron fuel , or there abouts lol

The audi I saw today was a realy nice example. full service and it will come with the cam belt and water pump changed.

I had a megane 225 before my sportback and was getting 19.9 average, but its not just that, Going from a french car to a german is a big step in all round quality so you will have that to look forward to too!, when the light comes on I just top it up again with coolant, I'm not to sure whether i should get it looked at properly

ye, i think its the same principle though :s lol I still dont know wether to go for it or not!!

Thanks for the quick reply!! what happens when the light comes on then? just top it up or will it cause the head the fail?

The MPg is realy apealing! Im running a much loved clio 182 at the moment and the mpg on the motorway run is about 35 - 40. i get about 100 miles to 10 pound of 99 ron fuel , or there abouts lol

The audi I saw today was a realy nice example. full service and it will come with the cam belt and water pump changed.

Was that tongue in cheek? 100 to a tenner of SUL is about 60MPG :detective2: