8P3 Black Edition Xenon bulb upgrade (from factory Xenons bulbs)

rdfcpete

Reaction score
Guys,

Has anyone successfully upgraded the factory Xenon bulbs on their Black Edition A3 or 8P3 A3 to something fully legal but with a whiter colour & beam pattern?

I'm getting a bit picky here, but, I noticed when parked next to my friends MY12 Ibiza FR that his Xenon beam pattern was marginally 'whiter' to the naked eye, enough to notice. Mine was a milkier colour so I'm assuming his factory bulbs were probably 4300k bulbs(?). That must also mean Audi fit the 8P3 A3 & S3 with 3400k bulbs, at a guess? That might be wrong, I'm sure someone will correct me.

Can anyone recommend a fully legal but reliable and sharper white Xenon bulb for the 8P3 A3? (in this case MY10)
I'm on a budget but would like to know if they can be upgraded for reasonable cost.

Thanks,
Pete.

yes mate its been done before, give me a couple of minutes and i'll find the appropriate threads.

Limited choice with D3S, hopefully Osram will release a D3S 5000k CBI bulb soon as the aftermarket offerings are poor in terms of actual light output compared to OEM

Thanks both.

Looks like I'll leave it if there's no worthy upgrade with a strong beam pattern :icon_thumright:

light output is better but i would say around the same beam pattern. i also have xenons in my fogs so when it gets really dark i switch them on to light up the country lanes.
the light looks much better with the brighter bulbs.