Defected from Uk-mkivs!

Audi-Rog

Six Audi's & Counting!
Reaction score
Just wanted to say hello! My name is Rog, I'm 38 and I've just bought a Black 3dr A3 2.0T Quattro S-line! Great spec too, including full black leather heated seats and Xenons. There are a few niggly things to sort but nothing too bad ,alloys need a refurb and a good DA polish!

I've been looking (lurking!) at the site doing my homework before committing to buying the A3, looks like there is plenty of friendly expertise on here.

I used to have a Mk4 golf Gti Anniversary 1.8T so was/am a member of the Mkivs.net. The car was great but decided after 18 months to look for a better replacement! And so far I am well impressed!! I'm also a bit of a detailer so spend hours cleaning and sorting it out. Much to the dismay of my wife!!

Here is a few pics of my old car,

And here is a really poor pic of my new acquisition! Haven't had the chance to really clean it ,but it is a great starting platform. The kicker is it has also been re-mapped to over 250 BHP!

I'll get some better pics up when I've got somewhere with the bodywork and engine bay!

Cheers :thumbsup:

Rog

Last edited:
:sign_welcome: have always liked mk4 anniversary, much planned for your A3? If your looking for a downpipe or a full system check out my group buy (link in my signature) your more than welcome to take part in the great saving.

Davie

Cheers David!

I'm gonna concentrate, for now, on bringing the bodywork and wheels up to scratch and do a bit of maintenance on the engine (clean the throttle housing and add a K&N filter or something similar). The rest may come in time. It already goes like the clappers as it is

I also need to get a second key and code it ,e-bay normally come up trumps! I know a guy to code it, which is handy!

Hello and Welcome to the site
A few ex Golf owners here (VR6 here)

Welcome. MK4 looks tidy, A3 Looks smart too.

Thanks Hodge :thumbsup:

I was a little reluctant to sell the Anni as I had spent a small fortune sorting it out, but the Audi is on another level all together and the heated leather seats are awesome!

So far I have not regretted selling the Golf! But I've only had the Audi 3 days!

Is there anything major I need to check or worry about?

Thanks for the welcome so far,

Rog

Last edited: