5.25" component suggestions

Oranoco

Reaction score
Website
www.passionford.com
I'm feeling a bit stupid as for the first time since doing car audio I have knackered a set of speakers. My Focal components are finished

Need to sort some replacements but not sure what to get. Found these which are possibles as well as some Kickers which I'll need to import from the USA.

http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/product/products_id/3915.html

Any other suggestions? My music taste is varied but mainly rock/metal

Out of the infinitys or the Rainbows, i would take the Rainbows. The Infinitys tend to be a "brighter" sound than most.

I have kicker resolutions, don't know if you can still get them but i have never heard a better all round speaker. I listen to linkin park blink 182 etc through to pop and ance with a bit of old school rock in between.

Well I got the doors apart today and found a bad connection on teh drivers side so that's that one sorted and the passenger side mid bass driver seems to have failed as a result of a manufacturing issue. No crispyness to the voice coila nd not a trace of a burning smell or anything. Not happy as they were well over £100.

Brother lent me a Kicker 5.25 mid bass driver that he kept when a door seal failed and water ruined the other one. The Kicker sounds a lot better than the Focal which I'm quite surprised by. Will definately be looking at getting some Kickers, but need to check mounting depths

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…