70000 mile service - what to expect?

kesselrun

Reaction score
As per title really. I'm about to book my car into Audi for a service. It's a 2008 B8 3.0TDI Quattro (saloon).

While it's in, I'm going to get them to change it from long life to inspection service intervals, going by what I've read.

That aside, it had the fuel filter and brake fluid replaced at ~50000, so I'm not really expecting anything more than oil, filter and pollen/cabin filter. Also had front discs and pads done by them about 10000 miles ago.

Anybody got any idea if there's anything else that I've not considered?

Have you not considered using an independent garage for servicing. The car is no longer under manufacturers warranty so there is little point staying within the dealer network and paying the ludicrous costs associated with it

Thanks for the reply Crespo, you have a valid point.

Truth be told I would actually rather do the work myself, but as it's my daily and one which I will eventually use as a trade up, I'm keen to retain as much future value as I can. I'm not looking to sell it anytime soon, but I think potential buyers might appreciate full dealer history more than 'regular' history? (think I might if I was looking, maybe I'm wrong)

Not trying to belittle the independents at all, I guess it comes down to personal choice?