7 Speed DQ200 - couple of things

Chizzy57

Reaction score
Hi all. My wife has a A3 Cab S Line 1.8i S Tronic (2014/15 model year - facelift). The car has done around 27k miles. We've had the car about 18mths. There is the usual hesitation from standstill, but it is very pronounced. There is also a bit of lurching on the down shift in the lower gears. Any idea's? Software update?

Some one has suggested getting the transmission oil changed, but from what I read it seems a point of discussion as to whether it CAN be changed. Opinions?

The car also has the Tech Pack, so the MMI High. Any suggestions as to where we can get an update for the system and the Nav at a sensible (i.e. non-dealer) price? We are based in the Midlands.

Last thing - the MMI connector - we bought a new one when we got the car but it has now stopped working - any suggestions for a more reliable alternative? Is it possible to fit USB's?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

I changed my DSG fluid and it has made a dramatic difference to my car and how it behaves. have a look at the ' Vital fluids ' thread

change the DSG fluid = different car!

Reactions: Chizzy57
The DQ200 gearbox is a 7 speed dry clutch version that isn’t supposed to need oil changes as the clutch’s don’t contaminate the oil.
The S3 Potterswheel has will have is a 7 speed DQ380 or 381 box (they changed in 2017) which is wet clutch and needs to be changed regularly.

Reactions: Potterswheel
The DQ200 oil can be changed but Bootie is correct that it is dry clutch, so there is little value in changing it.

It does sound a bit like clutch pack wear - a dealer or anyone with VCDS can force the gearbox to re-learn clutch biting points. This isn’t a long term fix though.

Try changing your drive select mode (doesn’t matter that you change it to) AND put ESC into sport - does it smooth out the gear changes for a day or two? If so then odds are it’s your clutch pack.