65L or 75L fuel tank?

jojo

Looking for Boost!
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.audi-sport.net
Alright fellow A6 owners. Does anyone know if the 75L fuel tank was an optional extra on a 12 plate BiTdi? Apparently, mine has a 65L fuel, and give that I'm filling around 58L with 20 miles left on my range, that sounds about right. According to the latest Brochure, a 73L fuel tank is standard?

It was an option. I specced it on mine, think it was £105. If you run your codes through one of those online code readers it will tell you the options but if you can only get 58l in with 20 miles left, then you are probably correct.

Reactions: jojo
It was an option. I specced it on mine, think it was £105. If you run your codes through one of those online code readers it will tell you the options but if you can only get 58l in with 20 miles left, then you are probably correct.
Well, that extra 10L equates to 50-60 miles per tank extra, so I wonder if it can be retrofitted? lol How strange to offer 2 different sized fuel tanks? And even stranger to not have it standard on the most thirsty diesel you sell...

More like 100 miles. I can go about 600 miles between fills depending on type of mileage.

On a biturbo? That's good going. I thought I was doing well getting 45 on the motorway!

Mid 40's in ours but i have seen 60+ mpg.
That's not BiTdi fuel economy! Lol

I've seen 44mpg on the DIS on mine just doing a long motorway run, but I generally use brim to brim figures for accuracy. Currently using normal diesel as opposed to V-Power diesel, and not noticed and drop in performance or economy neither, so I'll probably do a tank of V-Power very 4th fill just to clean things up.

I'm the same as you, best I've seen is just under 50 on a 400 mile journey which was a real 45 mpg. Tried the v power and no difference so I just do a couple of tanks every few months. I think it's more important to change the oil regularly. Currently doing it every 9 k but may drop that to every 5-6 k.

Averaged 35mpg in the bitdi over the past 3 months, (DIS, so probably closer to 30 / 32 if I did the calcs) but that's a heavy mix of town driving with the occasional 200 miler round trip probably once a month. Happy enough with that. Saw 50mpg on a particularly boring and slow (set cc to 65 all the way down the motorway in Eco mode) trip to Dover the other week, just to test what could be achieved.

But on the flip side also saw 22 on a Heathrow to home trip through nasty nasty traffic in west London the other week......

To be honest, I'm not worried about the mpg in general, I expected it. But it's more annoying that a tank full doesn't do at least 400 miles between fills for a TDI! It's all psychological, I just need to adapt(and shoot the person who didn't select the bigger fuel tank as an option).

That's not BiTdi fuel economy! Lol

I've seen 44mpg on the DIS on mine just doing a long motorway run, but I generally use brim to brim figures for accuracy. Currently using normal diesel as opposed to V-Power diesel, and not noticed and drop in performance or economy neither, so I'll probably do a tank of V-Power very 4th fill just to clean things up.

Yes sorry it's a 2.0 TDI Ultra.