5speed quattro box

mat20vt

Reaction score
does any one know how strong a 5speed quattro box is?
the one on my A3 has just gone over 100k miles, be pushing my luck with it if i go ihi?

yea o2j was in golf. how can i find g/boz code on my car?
AJQ engine if that makes any difference.

It will be in your documentation somewhere if you have all the originals or I think it's on some bar code sticker, in the boot?

Sorry for being a bit vague there but i DO remember seeing it on the documentation of mine.

i think it's on v5, but i havnt got mine through yet.
i'll go check in the boot once rains finished

I have the same car with the AJQ engine, gearbox code on mine is EUK DXW, so probably the same I would imagine. Mines in the service book first page, should have all the codes there!

yep, my boot sticker does say the same.
on another note, offerd up 1 of the same size tyres i'll be running on new alloys. only 225 45 17, but looks tight in archs already. worried bout lowering 40mm

I swapped mine for a 6 spd when the clutch needed changing ,6spd has larger clutch and ratios are better,the revs in 5th on the 5spd seemed very high and felt like it was holding max speed back?I was lucky to find a very low miles 6spd box very cheap £350 ish and the clutch was like brand new,to do this swap you will need 6spd flywheel ,clutch and starter motor as well as box.6spd boxes are supposed to be stronger.Mine is also AJQ,ish,Cheers Andy