'54 Plate with RUST!!!!! Not happy

A3DOL

Reaction score
Wife noticed today the rear arch on our A3 TDi 204 (54) is bubbling! I clean this car every week, polish it once a month and LOOK after it.

I swear it was not there when washed last Tuesday. Really not happy.

DMF, clutch, bearing, engine mounts, rust........anything f#cking else?!

:mad:

Is yours a Sportback? Ours is a 54 and the last time I checked it was still okay. Got me worried now!

Just an SE. Gutted though, spent enough money now.

Prob wont cost a vast amount to fix but then what, the other arches, bonnet??????

Just an SE. Gutted though, spent enough money now.

Prob wont cost a vast amount to fix but then what, the other arches, bonnet??????

You should try a warranty claim before paying for it yourself.

Have you had the car since new ? Could the previous owners have had a bump and the repair isn't upto scratch ? Does the car have FASH ?

FSH but not FASH. No recorded bumps but I suppose you never know.

Might be worth a call to the dealer though?

You should still have paint and corrosion warranty so worth calling the dealer.

Have you had the car since new ? Could the previous owners have had a bump and the repair isn't upto scratch ? Does the car have FASH ?

Thats what i was thinking too. I just found out that my o/s rear quarter has has a bump & been repaired at some point. Would never have noticed it myself, it was a friend who used to do bodywork!

Seeing the dealer on Thurs to have a look. Not entirely hopefull but will wait and see!

My Sportback is a 54-plate, and Audi readily agreed to sort out some paint defects that appeared recently. You should have no probs.

NB
Don't take your car to Brooklands Autobody Repairs in Lincoln, what ever you do (see my thread for further details)

my rear arch started bubbling and they when i was pressure washing it, a assive bit of paint came off and now its down to bare metal, need to get it to the body shop or see what audi say about their 12 year paint warranty

audi should fix it under warranty as they have (as said below) a 12 year paint corrosion warranty. they think their paint can obviously last that long without rusting or going wrong so they should repair it without any questions!